Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

She should be replacing Sandra Sully.

2 Likes
1 Like

It has more to do with the culture in those places.

And just maybe she wasn’t ready to make a commitment until now. I remember Chris said an interview in 2015 after leaving Seven she didn’t want to be tied down to a network contract. And since then has done some bits and pieces and obviously now she is ready to return she said about this new role l am just lucky the timing is right on a number of levels.
She will be an excellent addition to the 10 News First team.

4 Likes

Only difference is that Mike Munro sucked. Chris is a fabulous get.

5 Likes

Indeed. Mike Munro was very bland and didn’t fit straight newsreading.

1 Like

You know he was Nine News’ weekend presenter in Sydney right?

1 Like

During what was arguably, the darkest period for Nine News Sydney in their 62 year history. While Nine had Mike Munro, Seven had Chris Bath (and maybe Samantha Armytage, earlier on) competing against him at the same time IIRC.

1 Like

Nothing new in this article.

I thought Ann Sanders was the weekend presenter for a while before Chris Bath became weekend presenter.

1 Like

That’s indeed correct. Chris Bath presented Seven Morning News for a while, eventually moving to weekend news as Ann Sanders took over the presenting of the Morning News (which must’ve been successful, because she still presents the bulletin to this day).

But for a while during the 2003-05 timeframe, I think Samantha Armytage was more commonly used than Chris Bath as a fill-in/secondary presenter for Seven News Sydney.

6 Likes

From the Daily Telegraph article
“Studio 10, the CBS backed network morning show”

Ok, so what does that mean. “CBS backed”

Aren’t all local shows CBS backed?

An attempt to end speculation the show is on its way out?

1 Like

Only way Sandra Sully will ever be replaced is if she chooses to walk.

9 Likes

Great to see Mel wishing her well…

10 Likes

She sure is the luckiest c**t… i mean the country’s luckiest person! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah kinda agree with that, it still won’t get me to switch over to TEN News First on weekends. Nice try TEN. :slight_smile: But for the people that watch it (East cost viewers mainly) it will be good for them.

I am well aware of Chris Bath and her stint at Seven, thought she was fantastic there, but with Ten still not fully functioning as a reputible news service , but from what i see of it, it’s a start. It will not make me switch over to hear about eastern states news. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Peter Van Onselen appeared on Studio 10 this morning.

2 Likes

So much negativity, years ago Sky News Australia was irrelevant to many ,Virgin Australia also and now the two have totally turned around.Fantastic addition to the 10 team and I have no doubt 2019 will be the year of change.

1 Like

PVO with an exclusive on his first day of work at ten.

1 Like