Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

He’s always had a glass jaw. Must suffer from Napoleon syndrome. It was over the top and not needed. He was called out for it and should actually correct his behavior. People died in the storm and here’s this buffoon carrying on with an umbrella. He should’ve been moved on from the network years ago.

5 Likes

Usually Tim Bailey’s actions can be supported. Sydney has had an array of popular weathermen who have included antics of gags and puns in their report; taking light of the segment. Brian Bury springs to mind.

I think the decision of relocating Tim from his weatherwall to outdoors is commendable. If you have headquarters that overlooks the city, why wouldn’t you? Particularly when his weather report isn’t as informative as David Brown.

I thought Bailey’s inclusion of his dog was utterly ridiculous but last night’s performance topped it all. Totally inappropriate and sensationalist. In fact, I think he needs to offer an apology. When many of his colleagues attended voice coaching and worse some were made redundant, his position should be on the line.

For context, here’s Tim’s full report from the rooftop. You can clearly see that at least at the start of the report, the wind was gusting quite powerfully. TBH, I don’t know where all these accusations of him “putting it on” came from. People that’ve never held an umbrella maybe.

1 Like

Besides Tom Steinfort, there were actually very few comments about Bailey “putting it on”. The one or two that were made were after the cross earlier in the bulletin. The majority of the comments were about how ridiculous it was to be standing out there struggling with the umbrella, not that he was bunging it on.

1 Like

I vividly remember when he bagged a Grand Finale edition of The NRL Footy Show on Twitter about two or three years back.

Although such criticism wasn’t entirely undeserved, I still couldn’t help but think about the irony of Sydney’s worst TV weather presenter criticising a program on social media!

I agree.

Although I don’t think the length of Brian Bury’s Sydney weather presenting stints quite compares with those of Alan Wilkie and Mike Bailey who successfully spent decades sticking to a “straight and to the point” style of weather presentation. It’s obviously the aim of Graham Creed & David Brown with their forecasts as well.

Tim Bailey on the other hand? For presenting the weather on a main evening bulletin (rather than breakfast TV where such a light-hearted approach may be appropriate), he’s just an absolute embarrassment. Southern NSW/ACT viewers waiting for WIN News to come on surely must groan and cringe at his forecasts?!

The main objective of a weather presentation is to provide an analysis and forecast. Unfortunately, with Bailey, so much is going on that often the objective is lost in the mayhem. Rewind ten years and he was actually pretty good when he presented from different locations.

6 Likes

Didn’t realise she was back from whatever she was doing in the UK.

Keep up Sully, she’s been posted about numerous times in this thread over the last 6 months or so with her coverage from Thailand with the cave rescues, filling in for Georgina Lewis, news updates, reporting from Darwin last month etc.

6 Likes

Thursday -

Emma Lawrence is presenting sport in Sydney again tonight.

1 Like

Thursday (29.11.2018): Veronica Eggleton is presenting Brisbane sport with Pippa Sheehan still on the weather (a great team, really).

2 Likes

Sorry!

1 Like

It’s not hard to find reports done from under umbrellas for that Sydney storm :wind_face:

3 Likes

Phoebe Bowden is in Argentina at the moment for the G20 summit.

1 Like

Tim’s gone to the dogs.

Emma Lawrence is presenting sport again this weekend.

1 Like

Peter van Onselen has joined Ten as the new federal political editor in Canberra starting next Monday. He will report across all of Ten’s news/talk programs and online.

Source: The Australian

22 Likes

Great snap up, he’s a great commentator, young and entertaining as well. A perfect fit for Ten’s demographics.

6 Likes

Those Project appearances paid off. Good get for 10

11 Likes

They needed a new political editor and finally they have someone of high standing and reputation.

5 Likes
7 Likes