Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

No thanks.

5 Likes

haha some may have their opinions but the above isn’t hosted by the usual “people” which is why I pointed that out.

Its an interesting listen.

1 Like

It did just feel weird at the time, as nit picky as it sounds!

I’d rather have live & local bulletins in a few weeks time AND a 10 News First Sydney weather presenter who isn’t Tim Bailey (once he’s gone, yes the focus of attention will be on the quality of your Sydney weather coverage, Nine! :wink:), but sadly that’s not to be.

1 Like

I get your point but sometimes a bad trade off for a better outcome elsewhere is better

1 Like

I don’t think we expected at all the reaction from fellows in the media industry regarding his sacking.

Even though he is a goofball I think he was really the bread and butter of 10 and it will show how gloomy it is there.

I don’t doubt his weather segment was one of the highest rated segments on the news, and wouldn’t be surprised if that was due to his personality, there must be a reason he lasted 23+ years in his role.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s boring without old Tim Bailey atleast most of the country will get to watch Sandra Sully, don’t understand why they couldn’t do the same for Tim.

1 Like

Of course others are entitled to their own opinions, but for some reason I’ve never been able to warm to Tim Bailey’s presenting style.

Perhaps it’s because Tim has often acted inappropriately during the weather (the dog, the carrying on like a pork chop during severe conditions that people have died in), while other Sydney TV news talent known for their quirky, off-beat reporting styles like Nine’s Mike Dalton and ex-Ten/Seven reporter Damien Smith have occasionally shown a more compassionate side during their reporting.

Then there’s Tim’s conduct on social media…some of the tweets I’ve seen directed towards Nine News Sydney reporters (most notably, calling a Sydney to Hobart reporter “drunk”, slamming Mike Dalton for mispronouncing “Narrabeen” and calling Tom Steinfort “a fraud”) make me hope that he’ll never be welcome to join the market’s highest rating news service.

I think your overselling Sully.

1 Like

Bailey was in his element when he did school visits and presented from locations. In my opinion, his presenting style isn’t suited to the confines of a studio. He would be excellent as the weather reporter on breakfast tv.

9 Likes

Tuesday (01.09.2020): Georgina Hill is presenting Brisbane’s weather tonight.

6 Likes

With her car keys. Golly Georgie’s dress looks a bit flushed infront of the green screen

1 Like

Either everyone in Australia sees Sandra or no-one does. MAKE TEN’S NEWS NATIONAL so we can see her in Melbourne :blush:

3 Likes

I think we’ve got a potential contender for “Most Obsessive Member (and their obsession)” in the 2020 Media Spy Awards.

Sandra Sully is a good newsreader, but she’s not THAT good!

4 Likes

Sorry guys…I’m on the autism spectrum and obsessions are a huge part of that…more a fan of Ten News in general to be honest, but Sandra just happened to ‘click’ with me (for want of a better term). Also like Bathie and former Ten Melbourne newsreader Jennifer Hansen, so not an exclusive interest in one person per se…

11 Likes

I’ll reply to the first part of your post in another thread, but just on this:

OK, that’s fair enough I suppose.

Hi Bec,you have nothing to be sorry about because you are just giving your opinion/thoughts.
We all have our favourite presenters and post our likes and dislikes regularly if discussions arise.
I would be interested in your thoughts about the Melbourne news team…

10 Likes

Can’t say I watch it very much at the moment(due to study commitments etc.) but the quality of the bulletin has definitely improved over the past couple of years, what with Jen K’s introduction and Quarters returning to sport(where he belongs, in my opinion he didn’t really suit the news reading role). Mike’s probably the best weather presenter in Melbourne(if not the whole country)…I’m going to miss him when he leaves in a couple of weeks :cold_sweat: lots of great people presenting/reporting over the years…Jennifer H, Mal, Helen, Mignon and Candice to name a few

6 Likes

We’re closing this super thread (retiring) and moving discussion here.

Over and out.