Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

With regards to Hugh, who is without question an excellent reporter, there’d be an element of ego massaging going on there… he was dumped as an anchor and no doubt is being styled as chief correspondent etc etc.

But did the death of George H W Bush require an Austelajan reporter? It’s a story but it’s not earth shattering breaking news and there’s no particular Australian angle.

3 Likes

My pic would be New York (North America) and London (Europe). Although, I think LA is better suited to Australia TV time zones.

Am I correct in remembering all of the Australian networks had a reporter in both L.A. and Washington DC back in the '80s?

I don’t think so… the commercials were in LA and the ABC was in New York or DC.

I don’t think anyone else was in DC… but I could be wrong.

5 Likes

Hopefully @lachlan_kennedy is announced as the weekend anchor for 10 News First.

5 Likes

Speaking of Lachlan, he’s been writing a number of pieces for 10 daily the last few days in particular but in general also. Good to see them using their journalists across different platforms.

https://tendaily.com.au/authors/lachlan-kennedy

1 Like

Hugh Riminton or Lachlan would be great weekend newsreaders.

3 Likes

Which is bad why? Diversity :+1:

Agreed. On a side note, though, I wasn’t a massive fan of the coverage for this story :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Nerelda doing a bit of a dance in the closer of tonights news. :joy:

6 Likes

Everyone in the city/Northbridge keep a look out for their kick ons

1 Like

Emma Lawrence is presenting sport again this weekend .

1 Like

Bit of an audio glitch going to that ad break :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tim Hipsley has been doing sports reporting for 10 Melbourne (not sure how long he has been doing this)?
He left 10 Sydney in February and started as a freelance associate producer for Sports Tonight in July based in Melbourne.

1 Like

Looks like 10 have snatched another one
Chris Bath for weekends @ 5pm

Shame no local news, but a great pick up and replacement for Tarsh

15 Likes

10 doing some great things (and not so great) at the moment, nice pick up there.

She will present 10 News First every Saturday and Sunday, replacing colleague and friend Natarsha Belling, who has taken a spot on Studio 10, the CBS-backed network’s morning program.

Bath will also make regular appearances on The Project news panel and Studio 10, as well as contributing to 10 Daily.

With her son Darcy, 18, now old enough to take care of himself, the veteran news reader said she was lured to Ten because of its non-toxic culture and “vibe”.

Bath’s new role will be in addition to her radio commitments which include Evenings with Chris Bath on ABC Radio Sydney.

Paywall story here:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/channel-10-hope-chris-bath-can-bring-the-ratings-for-weekend-news/news-story/4a744a93b6523ddc9b2618c2b8edefcf

https://twitter.com/johgriggs7/status/1071405363625254912?s=21

16 Likes

Sully & Bath under the same roof. This will be fantastic! Origin sledging will be so much better!

10 Likes

This was predicted a year ago… Bathie is a big pick up.

8 Likes

Bathie would make a good anchor for a 10 Federal election coverage.

10 Likes