Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

No ones watching, that helps

8 Likes

Two schools of thought, you can either close your eyes and pretend the other networks don’t exist unless they do something naughty.

Or, you can just accept that you have competitors / other tv channels out there and people aren’t stupid, that they know what shows are there.

If people love Roz that much they’ll already know she’s moving or they’ll find her again on WWOS. As for Bath giving them “free advertising” that’s absurd.

18 Likes

Worth remembering too that it probably wasn’t Chris just coming up with the Wide World of Sports line on her own.

It was probably either in the scripts, or producers had asked her to mention that Roz was joining WWOS specifically at Nine.

1 Like

Yeah, that could be it. Otherwise, it would just be assumed she was joining Nine News.

What’s to say that we won’t see Roz Kelly on Nine News once she moves back though?

Either way, it probably wasn’t the best idea to have Roz’s move (back) to Nine during her final few moments on 10 News First. Acknowledgement that she’s leaving the network, fair enough. A “wink wink” moment where it’s hinted we’ll see her somewhere on-screen again, I can get behind that.

But with 10 News First in its current state, they need to be doing things which help retain viewer loyalty. Directly mentioning a far higher rating competitor on-air is one of the last things they should be doing.

2 Likes

How ridiculous, 10 are not as petty as other networks about not mentioning their competitors.

Perfectly fine for Chris to acknowledge where she is going, it won’t make any difference at all.

This thread does my head in sometimes with silly conspiracies.

13 Likes

Was there Perth news last night?

1 Like

She wasn’t reading off a teleprompter at the time. It was ad lib. She was saying farewell to a mate.
No biggie.

8 Likes

JFC this thread sometimes. Conspiracies everywhere.

7 Likes

Yup, there was the usual Perth edition of news last night with Narelda Jacobs presenting. Hasn’t been uploaded to Ten Play yet though

2 Likes

yes. i was hoping to record it for my channel last night but it wasnt there. maybe tonight

2 Likes

When is Keyte returning in Melb/Adel?

1 Like

Frankly, it’s something that should happen more often (when warranted). American talk/late-night shows pretty much everyday feature guests from another network’s program without any issues.

7 Likes

Candice posted to social media it is her last week at the desk. Jen must be back Monday the 1st @AK_NEWS.

3 Likes

So Candice has been reading, not Stephen? Interesting.

Candice had been for a number of weeks. Aside from a brief Covid related isolation moment.

2 Likes

Exactly this. The petty and immature way the networks refuse to reference each other is something that’s unique to 7 and 9, and would be considered highly unusual in a global space.

5 Likes

I find that interesting too.

I would’ve thought that after being bumped aside for Jen, Quarters would be promised to be her main fill-in when she’s absent, as a make good for losing the top job.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with minimising talk of the opposition. It’s business.

1 Like