Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Because this is a different year and she probably doesn’t run her annual leave by what she’s done previous years.

3 Likes

Friday (29.03.2024): Hugh Riminton is presenting the national Good Friday bulletin.

3 Likes

. . . And the whole of Australia isn’t necessarily holding out to see a Sydney presenter

Whilst Sandra is technically a Sydney presenter the fact remains that she has an extremely prominent national profile.

In @MorticiaAddams’ defence you’d be surprised how consistent these things sometimes are… I know it’s a different channel, different country but Kay Burley on Sky News was (in)famous for presenting Christmas Day breakfast every year for about 30 years. Probably got a nice bonus, too - but maybe best we don’t go there, hey?

3 Likes

Oh for sure, but I don’t know that the Good Friday national bulletin on Ten is one that Sandra - or anyone for that matter - would clear their schedule for. If she’s there she’s there, if she isn’t she isn’t

2 Likes

Monday (01.04.2024) - Thursday (04.04.2024): Hugh Riminton is presenting the Sydney/Brisbane bulletin.

4 Likes

Monday April 1st, 2024: Tiffany Warne presenting the Adelaide bulletin

6 Likes

And weather. Max on sport as usual.

2 Likes

Apologies I don’t know much about the Adelaide market, but when she presents, I assume it’s from where the sport would be presented at the ADS studio?

3 Likes

Yes it would have to be, or at least in front of another green screen in Adelaide.

3 Likes

Yes - same single presentation area in Adelaide. Means absolutely no interaction between presenters when entirely Adelaide presented whereas when it’s Sydney/Adelaide they can at least throw to each other.

5 Likes

So is the sport handover pre-recorded then?

1 Like

There is no sport handover in such a scenario. They just return from the break with the sport presenter - at the end of the sports report the sport presenter says “weather is next…”.

2 Likes

They should pre-record a handover (i.e. live newsreader handover to pre-recorded sports preview, and live sports handover back to pre-recorded weather preview).

Could also do sport on location as well, like they use to do pre-2020 cuts.

3 Likes

Not worth pre-recording - they’ve done live previews before to the presenter holding a mic in the newsroom which would be my preference.

There’s generally enough on location weather and occasionally on location sport but every time they present on location, I’m guessing that’s a resource they take away from live news crosses to reporters. Think today’s bulletin was a more slimmed down operation than the normal lean offering being a public holiday.

3 Likes

Sandra and Kate are on holidays at the moment, judging by some recent Instagram posts.

2 Likes

Who’s been presenting in Sydney and Adelaide the last couple of nights?

Hugh has been presenting for Sydney and Brisbane, while Kate returned reading the Adelaide bulletin on Tuesday

4 Likes

Ah right. I hadn’t seen any updates so assumed it was BAU (which it is for Adelaide)

1 Like