Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Lol. I just don’t think it provides any conversation.

1 Like

It doesn’t but some people seem to feel it necessary to conduct a roll call every day to make sure everyone is present and accounted for.

11 Likes

:joy:. I would never have thought to phrase it that way. Love it.

2 Likes

Nothing personal against those who post presenter updates, I’m certainly guilty of it in the past, but IMO it’s unnecessary to post things like “X is reading the Morning News” or “X is presenting sport on this bulletin”.

Perhaps it’s okay to mention the name of someone who hasn’t presented on a bulletin before, but specific daily updates are somewhat unnecessary.

6 Likes

Monday (08.08.2022) - Thursday (11.08.2022): Hugh Riminton is presenting in Sydney and Brisbane.

Friday (12.08.2022): Hugh Riminton is still presenting in Sydney and Brisbane. Paris Martin on weather.

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues, Ideas, Suggestions

Sandra Sully’s episode of Who Do You Think You Are? airs tonight on SBS.

6 Likes

After 3 years in the states and 6 years in total, 10’s US correspondent Eammon Ashton-Atkinson is moving back to the UK in October and signing off from the network.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the posting there, whether it will be offered to another journalist or they continue to use Katherine Firkin and CBS News correspondents.

7 Likes

Oh that’s a shame. He’s had a good stint and really pioneered the solo correspondent role without the support of a producer or bureau.

At least they still have Katherine Firkin there. But best they get someone else as well. They perhaps need another up and comer.

8 Likes

They’ve got quite a few new reporters in Sydney that are quite good, but not as experienced as the likes of Hugh, Lachlan, Ursula etc so they could be in contention for it.

Or for all we might know they might get another freelancer to join Katherine in America. They really need two correspondents there knowing how much stuff happens there on a regular basis.

1 Like

Next Monday (August 22) it will be a case of musical chairs at Channel 10 when Sarah Harris departs Studio 10 for three days to fill in for Sandra Sully on 10 News First.

2 Likes

Get the family involved… cheap labour I suppose?

Shocking figures quoted in the article for Studio 10.

Surprised to see Sarah Harris filling in on news again. Perhaps something is going on behind the scenes?

3 Likes

I think its clear… Sarah wants more primetime work or she’s leaving. 10 are trying to accommodate this by having her fill in on The Project and 10 News First .

9 Likes

Might be time to get ATV to takeover mornings again. There’s more talent down there for that sort of thing. Jane Hall And Colin Lane would be great together for example. Bring back cooking, more fun and light hearted stuff. Less celebrity fluff, News could be done permanently there with Tash.

5 Likes

The talent and the location aren’t the problem. The production values and the shoestring budget clearly are. The Ten News brand is too battered and bruised to recover from the deplorable treatment various managements have inflicted on her over the years. I rate both Lachlan Kennedy and Tash highly as news presenters and hate to see them paraded as the face of Ten’s failures.

Jane Hall and Colin Lane didn’t exactly resonate with the morning audience when they were on The Circle. The only advantage to moving back to Melbourne would be accessibility to different guests for in studio segments. Ten’s mornings will rate the same until they decide to invest in the product and attract people of the calibre they had on Studio 10 in the early days. Big personalities and production staff with passion and vision to deliver something different is what’s needed. Poor Sarah Harris has had the responsibility of carrying the show for far too long.

8 Likes

Necessary commentary. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The Circle had 3x the ratings of the hot mess that’s on now and was done on a shoestring. Having the show at ATV would allow it to access the huge amount of talent down there not used by 7 and 9 at that time.

You don’t need a huge budget to do morning TV well. GMA, Mornings with KAK, and The Circle all had modest budgets, it’s about editorial and talent, both things missing from Studio 10.

1 Like

Everything on air back when The Circle was on had three times the ratings shows attract now. It was still losing to Seven and Nine most of the time.

5 Likes

Screen-Shot-2012-07-30-at-12.29.10-PM

Hmm. Morning show figures are not much different from now.

2 Likes