Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Local news in Sydney tonight with Sandra, I’m sure they’ll be doing updates throughout the evening too and possibly a wrap up later on of the results.

2 Likes

As seen a while ago

2 Likes

10 never do election coverage. They only provide local News and updates when an election is on in each state.

They did an election project a few years ago for the federal election. Also in 1996 they did Showdown ‘96 from 9:30pm which was a full panel election coverage if I recall correctly. They also did Studio 10 S.A election a few years ago as well. So it’s not without precedent.

They really should do coverage seeing as though what they have there doesn’t rate anyway. They never rate on Saturday nights. So they might as well do it even if it doesn’t rate.

1 Like

From what I can tell going by the caps posted here, the Melbourne-produced national bulletin which aired interstate still had the NSW Election as the top story!

Not really sure if that’s really the most sensible use of 10 News First’s limited resources…

2 Likes

I was a bit surprised by that too.
Clearly the cyclone in the NT was the top story.

Not sure why it didn’t work, linked instead to the original on the Perth news page.

Awesome dog :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Another local Sydney bulletin tonight, Chris Bath is in Melbourne for the national news

7 Likes

I’ve seen 10 use www.10newsfirst.com.au across socials and online recently, it directs to this link - https://10daily.com.au/shows/10-news-first

Looks like most of the state bulletins have their own URL as well, most of the Facebook pages have been updated so far.

www.10newsfirst.com.au/Sydney
www.10newsfirst.com.au/Melbourne
www.10newsfirst.com.au/Queensland
www.10newsfirst.com.au/Adelaide
www.10newsfirst.com.au/Perth

5 Likes

Thought I’d point out that you can see the edge of the vertical screens on the right (as it was previously mentioned that they were moved to Sydney).

Hoping that they make use of them in the upcoming new set.
@lexington any dates? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Sydney bulletins

Saturday:

Sunday:

5 Likes

Wonder why the Queensland bulletin is the only one that doesn’t use the capital city in its name.

Probably because its trying to copy Nine who copied Seven with their Brisbane/SEQ bulletins named “Queensland”.

1 Like

The vertical plasmas behind sport presenter produce a greenish image compared to the mega wall…looks like they need some matching.

2 Likes

Because Queensland has the most decentralised state population in Australia by a signifcant margin.

3 Likes

No idea yet sorry.

2 Likes

I dont think it’s a case of copying … since it hasn’t happened recently… so I guess we need to go back through the archive and see where it began.

Top down view of the new set!

6 Likes

Nice work by Tim Gossage here, not sure why Perth are still using the old tenplay logo to watermark video though.

1 Like

Sydney used the ticker at the top of the set in the opener tonight. It only said “Budget 2019”, but it still looked great! Did anyone manage to cap it?

Also, there’s a special bulletin tonight at 10:30 for a wrap up of the budget.

9 Likes