Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

A perfect example of some proper scheduling with the first BBL game of the double header this Saturday starting from 6pm AEDT, viewers in QLD can catch the first hour live on ONE before switching over to TEN from 6pm local time so the weekend news can still go to air at 5pm on the main channel as it should.

Not sure why it’s so hard for them any other time to get a news bulletin to air when other sporting events are on, it’s really not that hard and should be a priority.

2 Likes

Great to see the EPG has been updated for Ten News Melbourne, with presenters names:

“Comprehensive coverage of local, national and overseas news presented by Candice Wyatt & Stephen Quartermain. Includes sport presented by Brad McEwan and the latest weather from Mike Larkan”.

2 Likes

It’s the same in Brisbane now too.

Interestingly Candice’s name is first. Perhaps a mistake?

perhaps today’s broadcast of the BBL starting on One is a sign that Ten won’t be so ready to dump the bulletin in the future…

1 Like

They did that the other weekend in Queensland too starting the BBL at 5pm on ONE then moving it over to TEN from 6pm, but I really hope this is the case!

1 Like

I think its more got to do with the start time of the BBL. In WA, the news used to run from 4.30 to 5.30, whenever there was rugby union on.

A local news bulletin aired in Adelaide tonight, I’m assuming due to the BBL coverage and time differences? This has happened a couple of times now, why all the effort in Australia’s fifth largest populated city? What about Brisbane and Perth?

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great that they are obviously in a position to be able to do this (should be local on weekends anyway if you ask me) but I’m genuinely curious I suppose. You don’t happen to know do you @lexington?

[quote=“killy06, post:50, topic:61”]
A local news bulletin aired in Adelaide tonight
[/quote] Who presented? Lachlan Kennedy?

[quote=“killy06, post:50, topic:61”]
…should be local on weekends anyway if you ask me
[/quote] Agree. Remember when QLD did local weekend news with Lexy Hamilton-Smith in 2011/2012 but it was axed soon after it launched ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3183MDLVjQ ) . Was QLD the only state that received those bulletins. They ran at 6, I think, so maybe local at 5 would be good again. Hopefully the resources are there.

Alan Murrell presented the half hour bulletin, they’re always presented from Adelaide.

Rebecca Morse returns from Monday, wonder if we’ll see a double header? I’m sure we would’ve heard by now if that was the case.

Lexy is a rather good presenter, I noticed the other day she’s left 7 News Brisbane and has joined ABC News Brisbane. Would love to see her back at TEN…

1 Like

[quote=“killy06, post:52, topic:61”]
Alan Murrell presented the half hour bulletin, they’re always presented from Adelaide.
[/quote] So Adelaide receives local 30 minute bulletins on the weekend?[quote=“killy06, post:52, topic:61”]
Rebecca Morse returns from Monday, wonder if we’ll see a double header?
[/quote] Would be good. But when BTQ announced Bill and Sharyn would swap with Rod and Kay on Seven News, it was announced only a couple of days prior and the same when Candice joined Ten News Melbourne, so its not too late just yet :slightly_smiling: [quote=“killy06, post:52, topic:61”]
… Would love to see [Lexy] back at TEN…
[/quote] Me too. And Max Futcher, Bill Macdonald, Helen Kapalos, and the list goes on…

As I mentioned, just when fhere are sporting commitments like BBL / V8’s etc.

1 Like

Perth had Lachlan but I have a feeling it was a dedicated bulletin. The top stories were all Perth based.

1 Like

No Perth bulletin last night apparently, and @killy06 the only thing I can think of is because they want to have news in Adelaide, so they make their own because the national team would already be busy.

It really seems to me that they are moving away from pre empting the news this summer, with QLD getting the news on Ten and the BBL on One for a couple of Saturday’s and Adelaide producing about a half dozen local weekends. Combine that with half the amount of national bulletins over Xmas/New Year (one week as opposed to two weeks in 2014/15.)

All they need now is a marketing strategy and a late bulletin.

4 Likes

[quote=“lexington, post:56, topic:61”]
No Perth bulletin last night apparently[/quote]

? I watched the Perth news last night.

1 Like

I stand corrected @Troiboi… there was a Perth edition last night.

2 Likes

I had posted about it just before your comment. That’s the bit that threw me :eyes:

1 Like

I shouldn’t doubt a local :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Haha all good. For the record - Lachlan again for Perth tonight. Feeling more like a national bulletin tonight.

[quote=“Troiboi, post:61, topic:61, full:true”]
Haha all good. For the record - Lachlan again for Perth tonight. Feeling more like a national bulletin tonight
[/quote] Did Sydney and Melb get a bulletin tonight? Because Lachlan said at the end of the bulletin, " I’ll see you tomorrow…".