Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Early traffic report today in red

was just a breaking live read… not a cross to the chopper.

10 daily streaming the Sydney bulletin on their Facebook page tonight, Sandra seen walking to the desk and sitting down after reading the headlines.

7 Likes

I like it!

I like the idea of it, I think it would look better cutting to the Birdseye view of the set and then cut to Sandra once she’s sat down. Or use a wide sweeping shot from a low angle.
That shot they used made it seem a bit awkward, they just need to get the shot execution right and it’ll look great!

1 Like

Well, we know where will she stand during the start:

• If the beginning top story has a live cross, she stands on the rightmost part of the screen to walk further to the small vertical screens.

• Otherwise, she’ll just stand on the left side to save a few seconds of walking to the desk.

Also, in this post, Paul Barry acknowledged 10’s new screen (with a bit of Sully’s own blooper circled).

Last night:

15 Likes

10 are finally hiring Social and Engagment Producers for each state to join each newsroom respectively and handle the local 10 News First social accounts and to contribute to 10 daily.

It couldn’t come soon enough IMO, most of 10’s news based social accounts have been neglected and pretty formulated for far too long with just uploads of packages from the 5pm bulletins and it shows with fairly low engagment and their following due to the lack of resources in recent years.

11 Likes

All I think is dont fall dont fall :joy:

9 Likes

Anyone got the video of the walk back?

The resolution of the video wall is excellent in comparison to the video wall on The Chase.

I bet Sandra is also thinking “please don’t fall”.

1 Like

National news

18 Likes

First time seeing it live tonight!!

Looks great

9 Likes

Yes, it’s an amazing set.
Looking forward to the role out nation wide.

5 Likes

Too much blue. Would be nice if they put something more interesting than solid blue on the vertical screens. The city images for the Sydney bulletin look much better and break up the blue a bit…

1 Like

Some things still need work and attention:

• A wideshot needs to be used when Sandra walks from the plasma to the desk in the opener. As she reads the intro, the camera should slowly zoom in from the wideshot.
  • The OTS graphic with a wider shot of Sandra/Chris looks cluttered, especially with the laptop. Either do a tight single presenter shot with the OTS graphic or just use the plasma one.
  • As Amanda Jason walked from the right side of the wall to the other side, as she was still talking to Chris, they should have kept Bath in shot. (Amanda uses the weather wall so much better than Bailey, BTW).
  • I think it is unnecessary to do every sport story standing. Maybe the lead but that is it.
  • After Roz threw back to Chris, the camera angle (which still kept Roz in it) as Chris teased the weather forecast was awkward.
  • Having a double presenter shot for the closer is weird.

I like how they did a overhead wideshot for the closer, though. Looked better than Sydney’s.

2 Likes

Good to see the use of the weather wall 7 days a week

4 Likes

HD montage of today’s bulletin

9 Likes