Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

As a Sydneysider I personally prefer my weather presentation straight and to the point, as I suspect most of the market does.

I think tonight’s 10 News First forecast was a good example of what might happen if Nine News Sydney were to let Mike Dalton present the weather after drinking 10 litres of red cordial! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Had to drive home. Finally caught up!

My god. THAT is a world class set and it seriously puts Seven and EVEN Nine to shame!

I can’t express how good it looks. Works so well with the current graphics as well.

As mentioned, no more newsroom but hot damn, I think this made up for it!
Might get newsroom glimpses when they do live crosses?

I could easily see this being implemented in Melbourne, albeit much smaller. Especially with the vertical screens - they’d finally be able to make use of them :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I agree with others that this set is built for election coverage!

It would be great to see 10 get back into doing some election coverage.

I would have Lisa & Hugh host (I would have Sandra but Lisa has more experience with elections and is well known Australia wide), PVO on a breakaway panel dissecting seats (soft set), with Sandra doing election updates where sport is being presented.

3 Likes

Wow. They weren’t lying about the large screen!

12 Likes

Oh, so I assume this is a Studio 10 set?

6 Likes

Start comparison in quality with the poorer quality QLD weather wall on Nine

1 Like

Here’s the full bulletin for those interested

17 Likes

I’d go with Chris Bath. She has more political expert than Lisa and Sandra.

I was thinking that but Lisa has more experience at hosting elections. There’s nothing between them in their political knowledge.

However, you’re probably right. Chris Bath would be very impartial and report the facts. Lisa on the other hand will show her leftest views.

It’s amazing how dated the nine sets look now

6 Likes

Looking back over the timelapse more closely, it seems the upper blue “lightbox” isn’t a lightbox at all but in fact more LED matrix modules! In the cap above there is some sort of pattern displayed.

So I guess they could scroll text on them if they wanted to (other than it being so high that it might be out of shot)

8 Likes

If they could scroll text on them that would look incredible. When I originally seen them I thought, wouldn’t it be good if they could scroll text!

For Studio 10, they could scroll news headlines similar to Good Morning Britain, or even just ‘Studio 10’, given it isn’t a complete news program… and dare I mention Tens Election coverage (hopefully) ‘Ten News First Election Centre’ scrolling text.

1 Like

That’s an amazing new set. Is the screen of 4K LED variety?

3 Likes

ok now i like it also i feel like new graphics for the set

Of the three major commercial networks, I still think Seven News has the most dated sets. Especially from a Sydney perspective they probably would’ve (or at least should’ve) figured out that Ten would eventually want to get a new set after the graphics/logo change towards the end of last year, yet made the most minor of changes which weren’t really worth it in the end!

While Ten’s new set is undoubtedly on a grander scale than Nine’s, I still reckon the latter will have more than a few surprises up their sleeves for the move to North Sydney!

3 Likes

For the first time, We have a set in Australia that is truly Multi purpose. No more shifting things areound between Studio 10 & 10NF. And it looks amazing.

Who would believe a couple of years ago that 10 would have the best set on Australian TV?

17 Likes

Underrated post

Who would have believed that Ten would still have a news department at all… Everyone knows it would have been a move to a merged Ten/Sky operation ASAP if CBS didn’t buy the network.

15 Likes

It’s still hard to comprehend that “Blue Horizon” plan where they were even considering having a national weekday bulletin with local inserts (or whatever it was)… vs this. And that was just under 2 years ago!

5 Likes

Set is stunning. A+. I like that that you can still see people in the newsroom behind the glass where the lounge area is - not totally closed off.

Still hoping for a slightly more local look in other markets, if they’re also getting new sets, rather than smaller carbon copies.

3 Likes