Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Better get the :exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation: RELAUNCH :exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:alarms ready.

7 Likes

That globe looks different? And in my opinion, much nicer.

EDIT: oddly, the right screen has this new globe while the left one remained with the old :thinking:

9 Likes

Nick Etchells voicing a promo at the return of the second ad break tonight for a exclusive story due to air on Monday.

Anyone who’s got caps from TV know whether or not any of the graphical elements from tonight’s bulletin were still in HD/from the Sydney control room?

Because if they were in upconverted SD/coming out of the Melbourne control room, I wonder if we could also be looking at the possibility of infrastructure upgrades to go with any new Sydney/national news set…

The current (or soon to be previous?) Sydney/national news set has been in use for ages now, so it’s probably about time that Ten got a new one.

If it’s at least better than the absolutely horrendously tweaked Seven News Sydney/national set, it’ll get a pass from me.

I believe the entire production was done out of Melbourne.

2 Likes

They typically do the whole production out of Melbourne whenever the weekend bulletins come from there, don’t they?

It was a while ago now, but wasn’t there a weekend bulletin or two produced interstate which was still played out of the Sydney control room?

The cameras were SD with the graphics in HD from what i could tell.

6 Likes

Yep, that was when it came out of Brisbane.

To me personally the graphics looks similar quality to the usual SD Melbourne bulletin.

1 Like

Yes, re Brissy

1 Like

Sunday 3 March

Due to Adelaide 500 coverage, a 30 minute 10 News First will be shown at 6pm in Sydney and Melbourne and at a one hour version at 5.30pm in other markets (Which Car will be shown in Brisbane and Perth at 5pm)

There must be massive works happening in Sydney at the moment. RPM, 10 News First and The Project all coming out of ATV10 today.

3 Likes

10 Eyewitness News theme was used during tonight’s closer…

7 Likes

Love these stuff ups!! Hope there is a video.

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

59:16

9 Likes

Surely I can’t be the only one here who actually prefers that to the current 10 News First theme music? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That makes two of us. The 10 News First theme IMO has a bit of an identity crisis (if not for the sting). I tried to ‘fix’ it in Random Mocks, if you recall :wink: (without the budget for a real Orchestra :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

The current theme is brilliant, but don’t get me wrong, the old theme was still sooo good. The current theme being fast paced just makes it so good.

The only real thing I don’t like about the current theme is when they return from breaks, the old string was just perfect.

3 Likes

@lexington are the set changes a totally new design? Or is it to bring Sydney in to line with the rest of country.