Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Again?

1 Like

Oh come on… spit that launch out :slight_smile:

Dates. Times.

1 Like

Huh??? What??? TELL US

:scream::scream::scream:

If there actually is going to be a relaunch, my predictions:

I’m guessing this is going to be the big one.

• New set for Sydney
  • Maybe a slight graphics refresh (less white)
  • With the end of Pointless coming, perhaps some sort of expansion of the news service into mornings and possibly 6PM (?)
  • As @lexington has mentioned previously, they are slowly rolling out updated equipment, so I’m going to assume they will do the Nine News styled relaunch where each state was slowly updated to HD and a new set

Am I right about any of this? Or am I overthinking it? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

We alluded to this tweak when News First launched.

I think only Sydney at this stage.

8 Likes

Even just getting a completely new set for Sydney would be good, since we’ve got the oldest one of all Network Ten stations (and metropolitan Australian television in general, I think).

2 Likes

Interesting.

When could we be expecting said changes?

Haven’t watched a full bulletin in a while and the quality is so improved.
Reporter and live cross in Christmas Island regarding the detention center opening. Followed by analysis from PVO in Canberra.
Live cross to European reporter in Paris for Largerfeldts death.
Use of drone footage for Dan Suttons piece to camera and report from Port Macquarie.

Good to see such a build up of resources.

4 Likes

Seems someone put the middle screen bit on wonky tonight.

4 Likes

I watched for more than five minutes tonight for the first time since the new logo was introduced. Lots of new reporters I didn’t recognise. Not sure if the quality is up to scratch when a reporter placed the south coast village of Berry in the southern highlands. I know it’s possible to get a little lost now that the new Berry bypass has opened, but the village was in the same place it has always been when I was there last weekend.

2 Likes

The Melbourne bulletin no longer feels like it’s in cruse control mode. The product has improved greatly this year, along with the national weekend editions. Well done to everyone involved.

2 Likes

Um im pretty sure that title goes to ABC News 24 with their set dating 2010.

Hmmm I see most at MS are still in love with Ten.
Normally be this time adulation has turned to animosity.

But it seems many sets of lips are still firmly puckered and pressed against the buttocks of Ten News First.

***10 News First

3 Likes

Yeah yeah… :stuck_out_tongue: Point taken

Standing presentation in Sydney tonight

11 Likes

Bathie posted an Instagram story flying out of Sydney this morning - this weekend’s bulletins coming from Melbourne due to renovations in Sydney perhaps? Or something else?

8 Likes

New set must be being installed. More good developments happening at ten despite prime time being in free fall.

1 Like

7 Likes