Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I live in Queensland and couldn’t care less, as long as it tells me what I need to know. I suspect the majority of people would probably not know any better and would think the same.

4 Likes

Agreed. The average viewer would have no idea its prerecorded.

2 Likes

30 min delay in SA and 60 min in Qld for 6 months of the year on the weekend isn’t really an issue. 3 hrs on the other hand was a massive issue. Thankfully 10 finally addressed it.

7 Likes

As I’ve mentioned previously, I can make do with a national bulletin for now but they should at least consider pre-recording the weather segments.

Not sure if this is new or not (rarely watch 10 in prime time) but a local weather update aired tonight with Amanda Jason. It included tomorrow’s forecast for north and SE Queensland.

1 Like

Interesting if true.
Can’t say I ever remember seeing local weekend Melbourne updates.
Hopefully this is a move to localised weather inserts in the bulletin.

3 Likes

I noticed as well. Definitely new. This was Brisbane.

Tonight:

Last Sunday we got this:

7 Likes

I noticed this in Adelaide as well:

Adelaide also has a promo of the local team with Will Goodings (Adelaide’s new regular sports presenter)

10 Likes

we’re going to need a 4K promo soon to fit all the presenters in next to each other…

4 Likes

Having Chris on there is just ridiculous, they need to come up with a better strategy to promote the weekend news from a local perspective.

Are you hinting at 10 4K??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a serious note, I agree that these endboards look ridiculous.
Focus on the main presenters or do a natural photoshoot instead of photoshopping them together

6 Likes

nah, I mean the doubling of the frame size… haha.

Is he Graeme Goodings’ son? Adelaide is hilarious.

1 Like

Yes, He Is.

Graeme Goodings next to join 10 anyone?

Probably not, although it’d be really good if 10 News First actually did get Graham Goodings to be a part of their Adelaide team!

Alan Murrels son Patrick works for Sky in Melbourne

Anyone else think Natasha Exelby might be a candidate for the LA gig?

3 Likes

I thought that last njght. That would be a decent posting.

They really need someone over there. Angela has been doing a great job covering entertainment from there but they probably do need a US correspondent

4 Likes

It’s been stated before Christmas, that 10 are reinstating the LA bureau. That would be a great get if she got the gig.