Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I thought she was going to be the weekend sports news presenter?

yes but she will also contribute to Sports Tonight.

1 Like

Here’s the new Sydney endboard

1 Like

That expression on Chris’ face says it all :smile:

1 Like

This was the end board in Brisbane’s promo last night

1 Like

What went through the person’s head who decided to tell them to do the head-turn-y thing? :persevere:

Spell it out for me please :smiley:

Bailey’s hair lol.

2 Likes

Some more caps:

6 Likes

WA is getting a localised bulletin tonight. Glad to see the effort 10 is making to their News service.

3 Likes

Very impressed with what’s being delivered in Perth right now, a live cross has been included and a decent amount of local stories so far.

7 Likes

There is a junior managing 10’s news social media pages at the moment.

Is Ten Sydney holding the record for longest-used current metro set piece? Their desk dates back to 2011.

That being said, it’s held up quite well through each set revision (one major, two refreshes IIRC). The only changes have been light strips on the base, and timbering/painting the top rim.

7 Likes

The sets look lovely at the moment with the new look, right around the country, IMO. Sure, we’d love a sexy update but I think there’s no immediate urgency.

1 Like

Aside from a few minor tweaks over the years, Ten Sydney probably has the oldest news set in Australia so I’d definitely say that a completely new one is needed here once the budget permits.

1 Like

It would look lovely with a brick wall borderless screen New York vibe.

1 Like

Can we at least agree that equipment/HD upgrades for all markets should be a priority for the On-Air Presentation of 10 News First in 2019?

Personally I think the production standards aren’t as good as they can be when elements have to be downscaled to SD and upconverted to HD again.

2 Likes

that’s all been approved as I understand it… and is slowly happening.

6 Likes

Surprised that no one has mentioned that since Monday, every state has new VOs.

Nearly identical except that the VO now speaks a bit faster and there is no pause between “This is 10 News First” “City Name”

6 Likes

ABC News NC set premiered in 2010. Seven Brisbane dates back to the twisted metal set.