Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

There didn’t seem to be enough presents under the studio Christmas tree for yesterday’s team.

3 Likes

Ten News First had had some shocking bloopers with their graphics in the last couple of days.

Yesterday on the weather map they had dashes (- -) for temperatures in Townsville and Brisbane.

Just now they had a graphic before the ad break for Penny Cook RIP 1957-2028.

Slack.

2 Likes

Good to see local editions return today. Big improvement from the previous 3 years where they took 2 weeks off.

5 Likes

Brisbane tonight - special package

8 Likes

pretty good recap of Queensland news in 2018…

Definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction, but still ridiculous that their only local bulletin per day goes on any break at all.

1 Like

Lets hope next year it improves again.

These are the improvements that are more important than another bulletin. I would much prefer Ten to build the news division, earn some more credibility then work out what to do next.

1 Like

Graphics used in a “Year in Review” type package tonight:

6 Likes

These graphics look awesome.

I enjoyed the local news and sports ones on Thursday & Friday.

Did they play out the same reel they showed at the Walkleys?

Personally, I’m fine with Ten investing more money/resources in their existing 5pm bulletins before re-introducing local weekend news.

What I don’t want to see despite others suggesting it in the past, is Ten re-introducing additional national weekday bulletins (such as a Morning News bulletin or a Late News bulletin) before their product at 5pm is up to scratch on both weeknights & weekends.

3 Likes

yeah agreed, they should concentrate on primetime, daytime news is already over served. I continue to argue 5pm is the wrong timeslot too.

2 Likes

Unless they have a greater strategy than what they have across the board, I’d argue that time will be never. They can’t be “just as good” as the others or their prior selves: they need to be better enough when it comes to scheduled newscasts or extra bulletins like Studio 10’s Cyclone Debbie coverage, the Thai Cave Rescue newscast and the late evening Victorian Election newscast.

The measuring stick should not be how well a one-hour pre-prime newscast is produced, presented or rated. They need more products, even if they aren’t on TV.

Looks like the Queensland newsroom forgot to remove something from their set :wink:

8 Likes

God that mishmash of old sets looks hideous.

4 Likes

Too wide of a shot…you dont need to show that much…director should have tighten it up.

I know, Brisbane seems to take it too far out! Soon we’ll be seeing the exit to the car park :yum:

1 Like

They could have real fun by whip-panning from the kids TV set on the other side of the studio.