Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Special coverage of Chris Dawson arrest

7 Likes

Sydney opened with standing presentation:

5 Likes

So it’s been little over a month now since the relaunch and here are some points about presentation that I think need improving:

• There is way too much blue - especially in the opening shots for Sydney and Melbourne. The orange in the previous look worked well for breaking it up a bit.
  • The 3-screen backdrop is okay, but I feel that a localised live backdrop would look much nicer - even if a localised backdrop only sits on one of the screens
  • The right-screen (“sports?”) backdrop on the Melbourne bulletin looks really bad. Way too much blue on it and very busy.
  • The alternating OTS graphics should be changed so that the text only sits on the bottom, not that left-side version.

What does everyone else think?

4 Likes

I thought you loved the look :wink:

1 Like

I agree about this. Looks SO much better.

2 Likes

Agree - the left side version is really odd. I thought I’d get used to it, but it still sticks out as odd after a month.

4 Likes

I do like the look, but nothing is ever perfect, ay? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe if they darkened the blue mood lighting it might work better, but the only colours in the current package are white and blue. Putting in orange lighting when it’s nowhere in the package would look a bit strange.

2 Likes

I was only comparing to the previous look. Doesn’t actually mean they need to go with orange.
Darkening the mood lighting would look good.

News on Studio 10

What’s News? Ask Natarsha On Studio 10.

We thought Australia needed to spend more time with Natarsha Belling so she’s all yours, five days a week. What’s not to love?

2019 will see Natarsha a permanent figure at the Studio 10 desk, delivering all the latest from the team at 10 News First . With multiple updates every morning, you won’t miss a thing.

Natarsha said, “2019 is an exciting time for 10 News First and I’m thrilled to be playing a role as part of Studio 10 . Mornings are when the big stories break and I’m incredibly proud to be delivering our viewers the very latest on the news stories that shape and change their lives as they develop across the morning.”

10’s Network Director of News Content, Ross Dagan, said: “Natarsha is already part of Studio 10 ’s extended family. Her journalistic credentials along with her warmth and engaging nature, are a natural fit for the program.”

More on Studio 10 changes in that area

13 Likes

I think we’re starting to see those rolling changes we’ve been promised!!

4 Likes

Team her up with Matho and Natasha Exelby - now there’s a show!!!

12 Likes

And I’ve got the perfect name for the show too!
“Wake Up”! How does that sound?

8 Likes

Sounds like a fail :thinking:

1 Like

Got a great concept I wanna pitch, guys. “Breakfast.”

What, too soon?

5 Likes

Perhaps it could be hosted by this bunch? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Nope, never heard of it… and neither has anyone else…

Now, Paul Henry… there’s someone who might work well at breakfast… just not in Australia

7 Likes

Looks like there’s going to be a pivot to a more newsy program.

Ten News First isn’t just a bulletin but is being set up as the news identity within the network.

We might see a daily political segment with PVO as well.

2 Likes

I would actually love the return of Meet the Press. That was always a superior product produced by 10 and if they were to reintroduce it, it would be 1000x better than the crap Sky is dishing out.

7 Likes

Something minor I know, but I like that someone made a conscious effort not to frame the Christmas tree in the background of that second shot considering the nature of the lead story.

1 Like