Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Saw a Ten News OB van for the first time since the rebrand - I like the subtle and effective use of the logo:

The same van from before the relaunch:

9 Likes

One thing I really hope happens eventually (although remembering promises of major changes after the 2013 rebrand which were short lived or didn’t come to fruition, I’m somewhat sceptical) is 10 News First actually giving an incentive for viewers to make Ten their first choice for news.

At the moment I’m struggling to come up with reasons why I should watch 10 News First instead of Nine News. Sure, Ten’s content mix isn’t horrible but at the same time, not really compelling enough for me to make 10 News First appointment viewing every night. I also get the distinct impression that Ten may need to try and poach some talent from Willoughby to boost their profile in the Sydney market.

While burning off the Toyota contract when Sports Tonight (during Ten’s Late News) was axed in 2011, they briefly branded the Sports segment during the 5pm bulletins as “Ten News Toyota Sports Tonight” and maybe also “Ten News Sports Tonight” for a brief period, but that didn’t last overly long.

Compared to now when it’s before Sport or even Weather, didn’t Ten News Sydney used to have a recap of the headlines around 5.30pm back in the day?

Surely Ten are eventually going to get a logo (even if it’s just the 10 or 10 News First logo on white - that works just fine for Nine & Seven) on their vans?

Now that Australian TV networks no longer have separate helicopters for news gathering purposes, these OB vans probably should be one of the strongest branding symbols for the news services out and about!

1 Like

I saw the Brisbane one outside Suncorp Stadium the other day, it’s been wrapped in the new 10 News First look - couldn’t grab a pic though as I was driving.

With that in mind, I would say all are being done / are almost done, it’s probably just finding the time to take them out of service for a few hours to be done.

4 Likes

obviously yet to go into the shop…

Most news vehicles are unmarked though, the OB trucks usually are, thought GTV9 use at least one unmarked OB truck.

2 Likes

Yeah well they need 6pm news too - like I’ve always said.

They would lure people to stay by having a strong local 6pm edition of “News First”.

the link vehicles are usually branded, while the camera cars are unmarked.

It’s always been mine regardless, during the week only for several reasons I suppose. I’ve always like Ten News (even under it’s old branding) because it was always on at 5, I was always home just before then and if I wasn’t going to be home I’d pvr and watch it when in bed :stuck_out_tongue: lol (I know, so pathetic)

For me Ten always had the best graphics, until the Ten Eyewitness News re-brand, loved the old theme tune, but i hated the Eyewitness new brand at all costs. It was simple and nice. Dark blue graphics was so sexy back in the early 2000s.

I guess the probably Ten News First is competing against game shows which probably draw more viewers (I don’t really particular follow ratings) which is probably hard to beat. Many people are just tuned into 6pm while eating dinner or just getting home from work.

It’ just the weekend edition i don’t give a shit about. Being National. I really don’t give a flying fuck about other states, so I switch to Nine for local news. Until they fix that, Ten News First on weekends can go fuck themselves. (I seriously doubt they would implement local news bulletins on weekends again, but hopefully in the not so distant future).

1 Like

Sounds uncomfortable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Haha yeah poor choice of words but still hopefully you got my point :grinning:

I really love the new branding and graphics it has taken me a while to warm up to them though :sweat_smile:

I think my favourite bit is the CBS notes sting. Love Love Love it.

1 Like

Breaking News opening in Brisbane

2 Likes

Promo

6 Likes

Another day another breaking news opening for Queensland

Is it just me or is Brisbane’s backdrop a lot bluer than say, Sydney’s version?

1 Like

Why aren’t we seeing that promo they showed at upfronts? It looked like it was actually focusing on what the new branding brought content-wise :confused:

Interesting sign off at the end of reports now where the abroad or interstate reporting location comes last.

I.e tonight: “Lachlan Kennedy for 10 News First Bali, Indonesia”.

I would’ve thought that “Lachaln Kennedy in Indonesia for 10 News First” would be better.

4 Likes

Hugh signed off from Washington with the location last as did Eamonn from Villers-Brettenaux

Yeah I’ve noticed it a few times now since the relaunch with various reporters reporting away.

I’ve never liked the ABC sign off with the location last. I agree with you.

“In Bali, Lachlan Kennedy for 10 News First.”

1 Like