Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Brisbane: viewers weather photos as part of a competition to win a holiday

3 Likes

Hmmm there does seem to be an undeserved claim of exclusivity here.

The 10 report does add additional detail but the key piece of new information; the timing of the release does indeed appear to have been reported several months ago.

It wouldn’t be Hugh making the claim, I suspect it would be the work of a well meaning but perhaps inexperienced producer.

But there may be other things any play here.

2 Likes

Though Riminton wrote exclusive on his Twitter post.

1 Like

Good point!

1 Like

It’s exclusive to television

1 Like

Hmmmm
 that’s not usually the way it works
 but nice spin :sunglasses:

8 Likes

you seen 9 or 7 lately? Nothing new here, and it’s quite offensive for others to suggest it must be an “inexperienced” producer that used Exclusive.

3 Likes

I can only apply my own standards, I would never apply “exclusive” to a story that clearly wasn’t.

I’m not responsible for what others do.

If you and 10 are comfortable then that’s fine.

As for the reference to “inexperienced” I was just trying to be polite because I can’t imagine a senior producer doing it.

1 Like

Again, have you seen Seven and Nine? There is nothing new to this. Yeesh.

2 Likes

So what?

Do better.

On that basis can we expect to see Aldi specials as news stories on 10?

5 Likes

Oh get a grip. Are there Aldi stories on 7?

It’s one story, not shown on any other network tonight

1 Like

Ok, you’re defensive, I understand that.
I’ve made my point, you’ve made yours.
Clearly there’s never going to be agreement.
Time to move on :grinning:

1 Like

I am so sick of some on this forum who have a holier than thou attitude when it comes to 10.

At the end of the day they are still a commercial television network.

As much as they are working to stand out and be different, obviously the masses want what 7 & 9 deliver.

3 Likes

I don’t think that excuses them from criticism. We may not all agree, but it’s the nature of the business. Edit: or critique

15 Likes

I bet News Corp wouldn’t have kicked up stink about this if CBS didn’t own Ten :wink:

1 Like

I pointed out that that exclusive was wrong, as I have pointed out other instances where various media outlets have wrongly claimed an exclusive. I’m sick of exclusives being claimed when they are not exclusives.

3 Likes

But it’s not an exclusive. News Corp had it first.

4 Likes

But that does not mean you have to go and instantly defend 10 as soon as something you don’t like is said about the network or its news offering. We all have opinions that need to be respected.

Regardless if the information is new or not it is a win for both 10 and the Daily Telegraph and demonstrates that good journalism is occurring without the tabloid crap taking over news these days. All networks are now adopting the American sensationalised “exclusive” which is being overused to the point that we don’t even know what to classify an exclusive since everything is apparently one.

4 Likes

The story on Ten was different in focus and content, with a lot more detail and currency than the rather vague “in November” report from News Corp. For example, Ten’s report had a statement from Bali Border protection with info on Australian Consulate and Immigration, none of which are covered in the News Corp article.

1 Like

I didn’t instantly. I was told 3 or 4 times that my view was wrong.