Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Well that practically confirms a late bulletin!

7 Likes

Finally!

Total speculation but with 10 News First Melbourne apparently broadcasting from the Melbourne Cup, I wonder if they will take the opportunity of a vacant studio to update the regular set in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Hopefully :crossed_fingers: as it would be a great opportunity to do so. But are you sure it isn’t just Stephen and Mike presenting their segments from there with Jen in studio?

2 Likes

Not sure, I was working off this comment by littlegezzybear in the Ten Sport thread which seems to imply studio:

“The Australian is reporting that Ten will have a marquee in the birdcage area at Flemington racecourse for the Melbourne Cup carnival to entertain media clients, and it will also house a purpose built studio for live broadcasts of 10 News, The Project and Studio 10.”

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ten News 1998-2000

Adelaide

10 News First – ADS 60 Special Report
Network 10 celebrates 60 years on-air in South Australia
Thursday 24 October from 5.00pm.

2 Likes

Monday & Wednesday’s opener & closer in QLD.

3 Likes

It annoys me how poorly their news website is promoted during the news, “head to 10 daily” - what even is that? Tell people how to find you and use the opportunity to drive viewers to your online news space.

5 Likes

If anything Sydney & Brisbane are the only markets that promote the Website & Celebrity Name Game… Adelaide occasionally. Don’t really see the point - get they wan’t viewers and promotions.

It’s basically saying if Nine News Queensland had a script saying - “Don’t forget this weeks special buys at Aldi, ACA is next Goodnight”

1 Like

7 Likes

They presume you know they have a website by now. They also give it plugs in billboards after certain stories with the .com.au domain included. Might be part of the under-50 targeting they’re doing.

Yeap, and if you plug 10daily into any web browser, as you would do to find out more on anything these days, it’ll either take you straight to the website or bring up the result as the first thing.

I wonder if Ten News Melbourne will be coming from Flemington this year?

2 Likes

Sure, anyone can do that, but what’s their proposition? Why would people suddenly go to that site (if they’ve even clicked that it has anything to do with their news department) just because it was casually thrown in at the end with no real call to action, it just seems very poorly implemented throughout the news is all I’m saying and is often an afterthought rather than being complimentary to the 5pm news.

3 Likes

Melbourne cup themed promo just aired after the news update in Melbourne with Jen advertising coverage live from Flemington ‘nightly at 5’.

Replaced the normal generic promo that Sandra voices.

7 Likes

The Supercars’ coverage finished approx at 5.30pn in Queensland with 10 News First running up to 6.30pm into The Project. The bulletin appeared to have some elements tailored for the state including the weather.

Weather preview at 6pm was about thunderstorms in QLD

Weather at end of bulletin was a local forecast.

4 Likes

Looks like they got the full hour sort of local as I think Syd and Mel got a half hour at 5 on Bold.

1 Like

From 10 Adelaide’s 60th Birthday last Thursday:

There was also ‘ADS’ trivia played going to the ad breaks throughout the bulletin.

5 Likes

It’s great to see Ten Adelaide acknowledge that they were part of the Seven Network.

4 Likes