Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Tarsh crossing to The Project team for a “Coming Up at 6:30” look ahead is exactly what they need to be doing when/if Sports Tonight returns next year.

6 Likes

Has Mark Ferguson’s power pose become contagious? :joy::joy:

9 Likes

She has a very unique presenting style.

Project cross tonight

13 Likes

IMO this co-branded 10 daily and 10 News First promo doesn’t look great, the watermarks are way too big for a start and they probably should have just done 1 version of each.

I still think they’re finding their way with how their online presence compliments their TV news service which really needs some more thought and strategy behind it.

1 Like

First day Peter Van Onselen has an exclusive on banking.

2 Likes

Brisbane using newsroom for breaking news - nice decorations

3 Likes

That 10 News First backing in the newsroom looks great!! Just needs a bit more light on it!
Would love to see this incorporated somehow on a new set for Sydney.

6 Likes

I agree. That looks fantastic!

1 Like

Tonight’s Sydney opener.

Nice to see they didn’t forget to update the backing / glass panel, since it had been 10+ years since the last update to it was made and hadn’t matched anything since the switch to Eyewitness News years ago.

2 Likes

proof that even the smallest things were thought of.

5 Likes

Live news into Perth on weekends in 2019

You have just employed Chris Bath – will those weekend bulletins continue to be national?
They will continue to be national, although we will do a second edition for west coast audiences live into those markets, probably in the new year.

13 Likes

Fantastic news. Commitment to news is starting to show again!

6 Likes

Although the re-instatement of an updated Weekend News for Perth is a step in the right direction, I personally hope we’ll eventually see Ten re-instate local bulletins for the other capital cities. Surely I can’t be the only one?

4 Likes

We all do. It will happen, I’m sure of it. But there are many other areas they need to fix first.

3 Likes

Great to See Ten returning to its pre-2014 state.

The London and LA bureaus are re opening.

For those who mention 6PM News for 10 on a weekly basis, hopefully this keeps you quiet.

18 Likes

If Seven and Nine are Coles and Woolworths does that make Ten NQR?

7 Likes

Not sure if I agree with “First” being a major part of Ten’s heritage. If there’s any TV news service which is genuinely first, it’s either Nine or Seven depending on the history in your individual local market.

Also, perhaps it’s understandable that Ten don’t want to re-enter the 6pm news market. They didn’t have any success competing against Seven & Nine in the past, while the 5pm news timeslot has become part of Network Ten’s DNA.

But at some point in the future, I personally hope to see Ten air later weeknight local news bulletins to tap into the growing commuter markets (particularly in the East Coast capitals) who quite simply, aren’t home in time to catch the 6pm news on Seven & Nine in full let alone Ten’s 5pm news. Something that’s fast-paced, snappy, capital city/metropolitan market-centric while still updating viewers on state/national/international content…you get the idea.