Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It was obvious it didn’t go to air from the way it was written.

1 Like

Good job on 10News First, actually being first with the Bourke street car/stabbing that’s developing this afternoon. Other two were too occupied with their game show wars .

2 Likes

Sorry, but the other two already broke the news before 10 News First. Seven went live at 4.40am… along with Nine in their Afternoon News Bulletins.

1 Like

Ah didn’t see arvo news. Well disappointing they only aired 20 mins worth of coverage. Should have gone rolling IMO. Still 10’s bulletin for prime time was first?

Return from break

3 Likes

Of all the networks, I liked Ten’s breaking news presentation. No flashing lights, no over-dramatic graphics just this simple and modern look:

7 Likes

“Primetime” starts at 6pm.

1 Like

Who cares!!

3 Likes

Look Ten were first with the news program that was also called First, OK?!

I’ve always felt the main reason The Project rates better at 7pm is because people are switching from Seven\Nine to Ten getting the “news delivered differently”.

2 Likes

Really? :stuck_out_tongue:

My parents switch at 7pm, following 7 News finishing.

2 Likes

Yes, within 15 minutes of the incident unfolding, Seven was broadcasting live pictures from Bourke Street on its Afternnon News. Nine also gave us the same shots. But in all honesty, all networks did a great effort yesterday.

2 Likes

If there’s one thing that changed that would make 10’s news package look a lot better and it would be the presentation of their OTS graphics, they are just so ugly and I hate that they change between landscape and portrait style.

Also I think this might be new, but they have added a small super under the 10 News First logo when they return from a break which includes the 10 daily web address and their Twitter & Facebook handles.

2 Likes

It’s been there since the relaunch, at least in Sydney anyway:

1 Like

Interesting, first time I’ve noticed it.

I’m fairly confident Queensland doesn’t have that.

4 Likes

Only normal Supers in QLD, prefer them more.

2 Likes

The more I hear the differing presenter intros, the more I don’t like them. I’m all for a female voice, but it needs some… oomf or something.

6 Likes

They all sound perfectly fine to me. Can hear all three clearly

1 Like

No trouble hearing the VO for me either.

It’s clearly more understated than it was before the relaunch. And it’s obviously changed from male to female… I think both are designed to offer a clear point of difference not only from the past but also from Seven and Nine.

And it’s succeeded.

2 Likes