Ten News First Content and Appearance

Words can’t explain how filthy I am with this. I have always loved Channel 10 and these big egos at CH10 management have ZERO compassion, ZERO appreciation and ZERO heart for these quality presenters and their families…

5 Likes

This one?

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the one.

1 Like

Very sad day at Ten indeed, and hopefully Nine and Seven value and appreciate their news service and hopefully won’t make as extreme cutbacks as Ten (I wouldn’t be surprised if 9 & 7 make 4pm news national, but the 6pm news is untouchable and must remain local IMO).

Is anyone else itching for Tuesday morning to see Monday nights ratings for the first night of the all new 10 News First?

This is exactly it. I genuinely wonder how many people posting on this thread or voicing their outrage on social media were actually watching the bulletins live on linear TV.

7 Likes

Yeah. Right.

Exactly.

Well that doesn’t sell ads does it?

It’ll be 100x worse when (not if) they slash and burn there - because most of them have dozens of crews working in each state. That’s a lot of staff to cut.

1 Like

If Basil becomes Mayor of Perth, could Tim Gossage take over Basil’s job at Seven?

Hopefully not.

hopefully!

Basil has said he doesn’t plan on leaving Seven, however on 6PR this morning they joked that Tim could take Basil’s place there if he were to win.

Edit: Interview posted here: https://www.6pr.com.au/end-of-an-era-tim-gossage/

Doubt Seven will hire someone externally at the moment, they’d probably just go for either Adrian Barich or Ryan Daniels.

Basil’s also said that he intends on keeping his role at Seven if elected Lord Mayor, but whether that will work in the long term, I highly doubt it. Imagine all the council meetings and events he’ll be attending on weeknights in particular. He’ll have to leave Seven.

In Adelaide they teased a story looking back at Ten News Adelaide over the years, but it was never played - maybe they ran out of time? Shame though, it would have been nice to see on such an awful night.

7 Likes

so long 10 news first Perth Adelaide and Brisbane 2020 rip

3 Likes

This ‘package’ is just Tim’s 25 years package from a few years ago, with some promo shots intertwined. Disgraceful.

What’s absolutely disgusting is WIN viewers including me where there’s WIN News at 6:00, didn’t get to see Mike Larkan’s tribute. Surely for this sad night WIN could’ve not put their news to air tonight. And 10 has made a huge mistake with moving Brisbane and Perth news to Sydney and Adelaide news to Melbourne. How on earth would Sandra do three bulletins in one day? And poor Monika, first Channel Seven axed Today Tonight and Monika loses her job, and now she has lost her job again, after only 9 months at 10.

3 Likes

New QLD Promo

Video

The promo followed the 2 updates presented tonight.

10 Likes

“when you need the full story, we have the time to tell it”… what does that even mean. Awful promo, obviously quickly slapped together through I do like they’re still using the local title card.

They could do worse than something like ‘Local stories. Ten News - Made for Queensland’, ‘Made for Perth’ etc.

1 Like

Actually quite like it for a quick promo.

1 Like

Totally agree.

3 Likes

Stations should be farewelling talent on air and handing the reigns over to new folks.

But 10 should have put the kabosh on talking about “last locally produced bulletins” and all the farewell to the crew and goodbye thanks for your support messages. Basically telling people curtains down that’s the end.

Not smart.

A sure way to get less people to watch now on Monday.