Ten News First Content and Appearance

It was in the 10.30 news bulletin

Zoom interview in bulletin.

5 Likes

That’s interesting that they were able to update it for the broadcast version including live bug’, cause the one that is available on 10 play / YouTube was different.

Good to see they have provisions to go live for portions when there is breaking news.

12 Likes

No one saw this coming, David Fifita has sensationally backflipped on his decision to move to the Sydney Roosters in favour of a new two-year deal at the Gold Coast Titans.

The Roosters say Fifita informed the club of his intention to make the move last Thursday, but has since… pic.twitter.com/Hq7sl8kP0v

— 10 News First Queensland (@10NewsFirstQLD) May 15, 2024

A fairly large but almost empty Brisbane newsroom.

4 Likes

Noticed that too, no wonder they don’t use it for crosses anymore.

One would think that the reporters working yesterday would’ve likely been out gathering stories in the morning and thus was very empty.

2 Likes

Is that the sports set? I thought they used Adelaide green screen or was it just a pre-recorded interview?

1 Like

It was pre-recorded.

2 Likes

They used the sport set for a prerecorded zoom interview a few weeks ago too

2 Likes

The joys of running social media accounts interstate, spot the error.

7 Likes

Good luck catching us QLD!… on a QLD based news account :joy:

As I’ve mentioned before. 10 just have no attention to detail. It’s the small things!

3 Likes

Yeah it’s sloppy, same post appeared on the Sydney page too.

Work experience kid strikes again.

2 Likes

Or more likely overworked social media managers. Nice sledge though.

7 Likes

The inconsistency in this brand is mind boggling. I love it’s branded ‘10 Late News’ It was the iconic news brand. But why not then have ‘10 Midday News’ and ‘10 Afternoon News’ instead of ‘10 News First Midday’ and ‘10 News First Afternoons’. It just doesn’t make sense.

I’d love to hear a marketing expert’s explanation.

6 Likes

I’ve said this before, but it’s no different to SBS. Their news bulletins are branded SBS World News, watermarks and everything. But their overall news brand, website etc is simply SBS News.

How do you go with The Lastest: 7News, or 9’s late bulletin is often referred to both in name and on supers etc as “Nine’s Late News” but the news brand is 9News. Nobody is saying “9 News Late” even though that’s the actual bulletin name.

10 Late News is just the name of the bulletin.

3 Likes

Coming up tonight post on social media from Sandra tonight in Sydney, looks new

https://x.com/sandra_sully/status/1792442308614574203?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

Edit:

Late news running late tonight.

10’s Late News is running a little late tonight, but we’ll be with you soon on 10Play and YouTube, and at 10:50pm on channel 10.

https://x.com/10newsfirst/status/1792527504256926146?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

6 Likes

No late news so far on any of the platforms. Possibly re-recording since the ICC breaking news about 15 mins ago.

1 Like

See above.

Haha snap!

Wait, does that mean it’s live tonight?

1 Like

Probably is. They did advertise they would have the Julian Assange decision so they would have to be live (or at least recorded after 10pm).

3 Likes

Here’s the first story from tonight’s bulletin:

Is the wipe between footage new? Don’t think I’ve seen that before.

3 Likes

I was just thinking that. It was only used for that story so i’m not sure?

1 Like