Ten News First Content and Appearance

Adelaide has a small desk which is sometimes seen in close up shots.

2 Likes

Yes, as my post that you have replied to mentions.

1 Like

So the question remains, why don’t they show it on Midday/Afternoons when using the Adelaide studio?

I guess without story specific backdrops they don’t feel it’s necessary? Easier with locked camera position? Could be any number of reasons I guess.

But given how spacious and dynamic the shots of Midday is, it’s a real stark difference between the two bulletins.

1 Like

Just adding to this, they’ve further added the end board to clips from the broadcast news posted to socials (which other networks have done forever)

National stories

Queensland story:

It’s also been added to reels / video on Instagram

4 Likes

Good to see them making some sort of effort to promote their offering throughout the day. Hopefully we’ll see ‘late’ added to the bottom of those end boards soon….

4 Likes

Yesterday’s Midday news had one of its highest ratings ever with a 5-coty number of 52,000 and a national 77,000. That is a higher for the year that featured a lower lead in after the end of Studio 10.

13 Likes

Awesome. Hopefully 10 are in for the long run with Midday and Afternoon and they can both help build up. Should be a solid lineup once Late (sorry, 10 at 10: The Late News) launches.

6 Likes

Different looking breaking news graphic used across socials today.

I think it might’ve just been cause of the aspect of the picture that the PM shared, but they may be updating some templates.

There is also a new blue strap under the logo which comes on as the watermark animates in and then disappears when it goes transparent on videos/reels.

2 Likes

Is this angle for sport news, new?

9 Likes

They’ve used this angle before for sports updates in the evening.

2 Likes

Interesting to see it used during the bulletin then, looks alright.

2 Likes

Watching The Afternoon News for the first time. It’s not a bad little bulletin. I still think this should run for an hour and commence at 3pm.

Hopefully, one day they can move it to main the Sydney studio, if Brisbane ever moves back.

3 Likes

Adelaide bulletin to be presented by Kate live on-location throughout the city this week for the start of Fringe season.

Is this the first locally-presented bulletin since September 2020?

6 Likes

I think Kate was in Adelaide at the start of the year presenting.

1 Like

If you mean as an OB, then I believe so.
Otherwise they have been presenting the bulletin from Adelaide with Tiff Warne, Alan Murrell etc frequently.

2 Likes
10 Likes

I’m sorry, but she needs to permanently move there or give the job to someone else.

10 Likes

Great to see them doing this. Pity they didn’t use this strategy more throughout last year to promote the localism of the bulliten.

Certainly looks much better than the usual green screen.

6 Likes

Issue is they would need someone who is recognisably local to do the bulletin. If they just got Tiffany to do it, then many would assume that she is reading it from Sydney or Melbourne. They could use Allan Murrell, however, I get the vibe that he may not want to do it full-time.

Possibly have Allan Monday-Wednesday, and Tiffany Thursday-Friday, or try and get Rebecca Morse back for Thursday-Friday. And maybe build some sort of set (or bring back parts of the old Adelaide set, IIRC it was moved to Sydney)

Meanwhile Kate can do the late bulletin.

1 Like