Ten News First Content and Appearance

Still doesn’t make sense… as it would (again) help save Seven / Nine’s bottom line $$$ on pooling helicopter coverage.

This morning was much better, felt more dynamic.

4 live crosses before the first break, Sydney, Fiji, Melbourne then Washington.

They also had an in studio expert for the second segment as well, which was good.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Bearing in mind the volatility of ratings for shows that have low numbers, but numbers were up on Monday with Studio 10 also doing better. :thinking: Just noting for the record at this stage.

5 Likes

Yeah anything below 100k I wouldn’t sit as definitive. It’s not an accurate system for smaller sample sizes like that.

1 Like

Very hard to watch the Breakfast bulletin this morning. Tash up and down in presenting style. Quite odd.

1 Like

There were several live crosses again this morning plus an interview. One of the crosses to Daniel Doody with a Studio 10 mic.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s an interesting and unique style, can be great at times but then it’s also a bit polarizing.

I don’t think straight news reading is her thing, must better off the cuff and interacting with Sarah and Tristan etc.

5 Likes

Another ok/not bad/ better than expected/ could have been worse result for Breakfast bulletin yesterday - depending on perspective and belief in OzTAM .

5 Likes

I don’t know about the other states but the headlines in the opener in Queensland are too long. Up to 3 sentences per headline. There’s almost no need to watch the rest of the bulletin.

I know you can’t post figures but is it doing better than the 8am version of studio 10?

It was stated that the time slot was up by around 13% since its launch. That was calculated over the first week of figures.

Love Tash but newsreading is not her forte.

1 Like

Well done to Natasha on 10’s breakfast news yesterday with what looks like the bulletin’s best ratings so far (with the usual caveats about low ratings shows).

What was also interesting was that Studio 10 “Early” (ie up to 9am) outrated the rest of the show as well as the 11:30 am portion (Studio 10 Extra).

Noting also that Sunrise’s numbers were way down yesterday :thinking:

15 Likes

Great to see. Was never going to rate straight away with little promotion. Build slowly. :muscle:

I’m just hoping Melbourne is going to get a new set soon. The studio is used quite a lot these days.

5 Likes

I have noticed that whenever Melbourne does the Breakfast bulletin, it only shows Melbourne shots, unlike Sydney that shows Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Adelaide/Perth. Any reason why?

1 Like

I also slightly prefer the Melb version, the gradient makes it much nicer and suited to a breakfast or morning bulletin than just all blue.

3 Likes

They can surely fit a massively-downsized version of the Melbourne set in the space; go the ABC route and use the same design language to make something that will suit the space.

1 Like

I was kinda hoping they would be able to transition to Melbourne Cup 2020 set into the news set.

Looks like we might be seeing a wee bit of sunshine for 10 in the mornings. If this keeps up, hopefully we see 10 management increase resources and extend the start time to 7.30/7.00am.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: