Ten News First Content and Appearance

That’s why I said the first half hour of Queensland will be pre recorded at some stupid hour. They can roll the recorded first half hour in Queensland. Then when Sydney finishes at 5:30 qld time they can do the final hour live in qld between 6:30-7:30 Sydney time.

Oops, missed that. My mistake…

Or they could structure the last half hour of Sydney to be an acceptable first half hour for Qld, and then make the whole bulletin live…

4 Likes

Difficult choice in Brisbane tonight. Should I go with 10 who say they put News First but comes from Sydney or one of the commercial competitors whose bulletins tonight are promoting?

12 Likes

Should have watched 7 or 9 - playout error on 10 after 6pm :smile:

Image froze at end of story and cut to blank studio shot - could be useful in a mock though.

16 Likes

Sandra Sully just helmed a national update interrupting regular programming about Trump testing positive to COVID-19. A few minutes earlier, in Adelaide at least, a 10 News headline strap appeared on regular programming with the news.

4 Likes

I can reveal 10 will have a combined bulletin for Sydney & Brisbane tonight due to Trump testing positive. No local windows.

6 Likes

It begins.

7 Likes

So I guess that’s what happens when breaking news occurs then? Single bulletin.

5 Likes

Doesn’t make much difference really. The amount of interstate stories that appear in the 2nd and 4th block anyway, they might as well just do a polished and live hybrid bulletin every night.

1 Like

Opener was just “This is 10 News First with Sandra Sully”.

5 Likes

Pretty bad bulletin. Clearly local stories being shoved in. Brisbane saw Sydney car crashes and Sydney viewers have to be subjected to awful stories about the Brisbane lions game. No one down here gives two fucks about it.

4 Likes

So don’t watch it. The local stories are non-stories anyway so they should never be in news bulletins anyway.

1 Like

5pm new. First break was after 23 minutes.

Story rundown to first break:

Trump, NZ travel, Queensland border, Sam Burgess, Aged Care Royal Commission, Sandy car crash/hoons, AFL finals at 'Gabba, NRL State of Origin.

If it was a Queensland only bulletin, probably switch the NZ and QLD border stories. The hoons story of low interest to QLD and the AFL story of low Sydney interest.

1 Like

Yeah a few mistakes in the Sydney bulletin. One report on Qld opening up to NSW referred to “our state” (Qld) and said “WE can now stand up at bars”. Then when Sandra just threw to the break there was about 10 seconds of black screen before the ads started?

Well, it is the journo’s state…

Watching it to critique it. This is a media critique forum after all.

Thank you. So noble.

A casual viewer who has the news on in the background while doing other things may only be taking in grabs of information and may not realise what state the reporter is referring to. We’re accustomed to these 5pm bulletins being state based. Ten leaves themselves open to being accused of deception or spreading misinformation about changes to COVID rules. This is disturbing and borders on negligence.

11 Likes

I have to agree. It’s quite dangerous. Let’s hope they fix up these for the future. They need to be so careful with their language and choice of words.

2 Likes