Ten News and Current Affairs

Ten News Melbourne caps 10/9/2004

Video Coming Soon

Ten News Sydney 17/12/2001

Ten’s 11:30 News incomplete 17/7/2000

Ten’s Late News 6/2/2000:

10 Likes

This was a golden era for Ten News, especially in Sydney and Melbourne where they at times rated higher than Seven News (though Ten News was an hour earlier).

In the Harbour City, Ron Wilson and Jessica Rowe (later Deborah Knight) proved to be a successful partnership.

9 Likes

Perth’s News was presented from Sydney rather than Perth during this era. Wasn’t until 2008 NEW-10 had their own Perth studios.

4 Likes

Half presented from Sydney: Sport & Weather were still done from Perth

4 Likes

Well, they had the studio during this time - but it was a giant store area… much like the rest of the station after it was shut down in 2000.

2 Likes

Channel 10 NEws Perth — taken from mid 2002

PResented by Celine edmonds From PYrmont studios

6 Likes

Melbourne Montage - Friday 10/9/2004:

3 Likes

Melbourne Full Bulletin 10/9/2004:

3 Likes

Ten News Perth - Monday 16/4/2001 with Celina Edmonds

6 Likes

April 16, 2001 was Easter Monday so while this Perth bulletin obviously isn’t one of them, I wonder if Ten News Sydney would’ve been at the Royal Easter Show that night? Or were those broadcasts more of a 2002 (and possibly 2003) thing?

Either way, here’s some evidence of Ten News’ 2002 Royal Easter Show broadcasts:

Going by those caps, it seems like the 11.30am bulletins were presented from the Showground as well as Sydney bulletins. Not sure about the national 5pm weekend bulletins, but I’d imagine that the Late News was still presented from Pyrmont.

4 Likes

28 September 2001, Sandra Sully joined Mal Walden for Melbourne News Bulletin.

4 Likes

What happened with Jen Hansen when she left 10 News?

1 Like

Well last I checked, she was presenting the breakfast show with Mike Perso on Smooth 91.5 in Melbourne (a favourite of @MorticiaAddams, if I’m not mistaken)!

3 Likes

Sorry I know what she’s doing now. I meant why did she leave?

1 Like
4 Likes

good memory!! yes, she’s still on smooth fm :blush: would love to see her back on telly though!

2 Likes

it’s a very long story…I think she parted with them on good terms though, as she was seen on their 50 year anniversary special and at Quarters’ 30th anniversary do, both in 2014

2 Likes

2005-2006

20 Likes

16 Likes