Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Stan seems to get most of Ten’s CBS shows through their Showtime deal I think? Elementary, Madam Secretary , Extant, Scorpion. Maybe Stan should try and get first run rights to that and Ten should ditch their deal.

Shortland Street is exclusive to Foxtel I’m pretty sure. Was popular when I lived in NZ but seems to niche for here perhaps. Batchelor NZ sounds good. Do NZ programs rate well here ?

The Biggest Loser was cancelled in the USA shouldn’t that have triggered Ten to think about putting it on again here? Not sure why in the USA reality shows go for years and years compared to here.

So all Aussie content now is doing well even on Ch Nine? Haven’t been keeping up with free to air much so not sure if all Aussie stuff is rating decently. Seems American stuff is better for the multichannels or streaming.

It’s not 1997. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not really apart from some average performing factuals. A couple of dramas were tested here but didn’t really work except in a late night slot. Shortland Street was shown by SBS for some time before Foxtel.

2 Likes

No. Leave the new episodes on Eleven 8.30 Wednesdays where viewers know where they are.

They can remain on Eleven on Wednesdays as encores. Win win.

You’re like a dog with a bone. You’re never going to give up are you? I understand you are nostalgic for a show from your childhood but you can’t turn back time.

Simpsons just doesn’t have the following it once did and the new episodes are average at best.

1 Like

Simply filler programming until Masterchef begins. No nostaglia, just common sense. :slight_smile:

And for Tuesday, NCIS at 7.30pm.

I don’t see how shifting a program from Eleven to Ten whenever filler is required as a sensible programming decision.

I thought it was on 7Two at some stage too.

1 Like

@Bort yes Shortland Street was shown on 7TWO at one stage and also on ABC for a short period.

1 Like

Here’s a wild and wacky idea - a revamped Neighbours at 7.30pm. Then start your realities at 8. It’s so off the wall it might even work.

“Your neighbours are coming home to TEN”

All the good episodes are old and all the new episodes are bad. Any new episodes will attract some interest until viewers realise the newer seasons are shithouse and switch off.

3 Likes

They could always do a “Classic/Favourite Simpsons Week”.

Instant flop here.

2 Likes

Why can’t Ten try a new schedule In just one city for say 6 weeks and see how viewers react to something like

5 Family Fued
530 Neighbours
6 Ten News at 6
630 The Project
7 Reality
8 Reality or Drama
9 Drama
10 Ten O Clock News
11 The Project

4 Likes

While that sounds like a good idea, it probably won’t happen because we all know how Ten isn’t as involved or connected with the local communities it broadcasts to (even though they really should be in 2017) like Seven and Nine are.

Let’s not get too far into mock scheduling.

4 Likes

###Week commencing 2 April 2017

Sunday 2 April
:clock1: Note: Daylight savings ends Sunday morning
06:30 pm Bondi Rescue
07:00 pm Modern Family S8 Ep10 and 11
08:00 pm Bull S1 Ep5
09:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans S3 Ep4
10:00 pm 24: Legacy S1 Ep9
11:00 pm Homeland S6 Ep8

Monday 3 April
07:30 pm The Biggest Loser: Transformed
08:30 pm Spy Premiere
10:55 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway? Australia

Tuesday 4 April
08:30 pm NCIS S14 Ep8
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S8 Ep15
10:30 pm TBA

Wednesday 5 April
08:30 pm This Is Us S1 Ep9
09:30 pm Madam Secretary S3 Ep15
10:30pm Hawaii Five-O S7 Ep18

Thursday 6 April
08:30 pm Gogglebox Australia S5 Ep8
09:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. Rpt
10:30 pm Blue Bloods

Friday 7 April
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show
Guests: Tom Hiddleston, Ruth Wilson, Ricky Gervais, Daniel Radcliffe, Joshua McGuire & Tinie Tempah.
09:30 pm TBA

Saturday 8 April
06:00 pm Bondi Rescue
06:30 pm The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
09:00 pm Law & Order: SUV S18 Ep10
10:00 pm Law & Order: SUV Rpt

So they’re persisting with low rating content for another week? Lunacy.

I know I don’t have a solution but I am not paid to come up with ideas for the to fix their schedule.
But I do know this… even before the failure of biggest loser ten do not commission enough Australian content.

1 Like

But if they don’t have replacement programs, why would they drop the Australian content they do have? It’s a lose lose situation.

One hour promo loops for Masterchef would probably rate better.

4 Likes