Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

it often does just feel like they’re phoning it in, but then I feel that about all 3 networks these days. There was a time I used to anticipate advance guides coming out but these days I just feel “meh” when I see them, not just Ten’s.

10 Likes

Probably thinking that it’s failing on Thursdays maybe give it a chance on Saturdays where older skewing shows can find an audience. If that fails then that’s another import off to One.

It was rating around 450k on Ten on Thursdays which is basically better than over half of their schedule.

But Gogglebox rates much better in that slot and Ten has nothing on Saturdays.

1 Like

Its one of tens better saturday night shares. They shouldn’t just remove it. Give it a little time before axing it.

Seems like Chief Program Officer at TEN is a pretty secure job. There never seem to be any consequences for poor performance. I wonder what they do in that office all day.

3 Likes

I feel the same way. The commercial television guides don’t even factor into what I plan to watch during the week anymore. I barely even glance at the schedules now. Once upon a time I’d comb through them and carefully plan my viewing, paying attention to what gems I could find scheduled late at night.

I watch a lot less television than I used to but I still loosely plan my viewing- Monday/Tuesday are drama nights, reality and docos are reserved for Wednesday/Thursday and I like to wind down with sitcoms on a Friday. The difference now is that I access all of this content through streaming services. The ABC still has some good stuff I’ll make a point of keeping an eye out for but even they’re struggling to keep my attention.

5 Likes

It used to be a struggle to be able to program two VCRs to record everything I wanted in a week. Recently I only have a few things programmed and over summer I think there was nothing. Non-ratings period used to be a time when some of the the less popular but at least new series would get a chance.

3 Likes

Schedule Update

Next Sunday 26 March TBL replaced by

Modern Family new episodes - Ep 8 and 9 from the current season 8.

Rest of schedule starts at 8pm now. No change to Monday as yet - looks like it will be one day at a time.

Looks like Goggle Box will finish April 5 on Foxtel and April 6 on Ten with Lifestyle scheduling the latest series of GoggleBox UK in the Gogglebox 7:30pm timeslot April 12th. Wonder what Ten will replace Gogglebox with, nothing has been promoted as of yet.

I am thinking maybe Shark Tank could be a possibility.

1 Like

Ten really need a new tentpole for next year to air between Celebrity and MC. Just a short 6-8 week series that will see them through Easter.

Loser obviously can’t cut it anymore…

1 Like

[quote=“ryaneco, post:1549, topic:44, full:true”]
Ten really need a new tentpole for next year to air between Celebrity and MC. Just a short 6-8 week series that will see them through Easter. Loser obviously can’t cut it anymore…[/quote]
We’ve been saying that for the last three years and I think we all predicted TBL would not be that solution.

2 Likes

They could do another reality show - where they get 10 or so ten fans to try and program their network. Mainly Media Spy members? :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from that - I am all out of ideas.
I just don’t know what ten could do to differentiate from 7 and 9.

2 Likes

The Bachelor should have aired now with Matty J, as a short run series 3-4 nights per week.

It could then be followed by Masterchef and then Survivor/The Bachelorette. Then Ten could’ve ended the year with something new.

The Biggest Loser is as big of a flop as we expected. It’s ridiculous that it was renewed.

If Ten was to fast track all its US shows from the USA (cost involved ?) would they get the best ratings possible for them,or are people turning to streaming online eg Netflix/Stan for them instead

Some of Ten’s shows aren’t on those services anyway so you’d think they would rate better on Ten or Aussies aren’t connecting with US shows as much?

Maybe get some British content on Ten. Documentaries that are interesting perhaps, or British sitcoms if there are rights available. Maybe rights for those are taken by Foxtel, free to air channels and streaming services?

they would get best ratings possible, instead of having to wait for over 6 months for the network to screen it. Netflix or Stan don’t have the rights as Ten would have the exclusive rights. Some would watch them by other means.

1 Like

Even when Ten fast track their shows, they don’t rate much higher and it leaves them with holes in their schedule because the American networks take breaks throughout each season.

I’d say the potential audience for US shows is split between Free To Air, Foxtel Pay TV and Streaming services. That means not many shows are going to get a huge audience in future. Even when they might be breaking records on those services, the overall audiences are actually quite low.

But the ABC is struggling to get its hands on a much first-run British programming these days because Foxtel has outbid them on contracts. So what luck will Ten have?

I still think local content is the key to success. Have a look at what Ten has the most success with: Masterchef. Offspring, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Have You Been Paying Attention, Gogglebox. Not imports any more.

2 Likes

I think Ten will put Shark Tank on after Easter.

What about the Batchelor nz for ten or even nz’s top rated soap Shortland st
Seriously 10 needs to get out of this deal with cbs programming the shows just don’t rate maybe if 10 get into financiall trouble Viacom the owner’s of uks channel 5 could purchase ten they have a vast programming library

1 Like

The Simpsons could be fast tracked to Mondays 7.30pm until mid May. There’s Monday’s slot filled.

1 Like