Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Well then I’ve got to give it to Ten for at least not axing their news bulletins completely lol

This little fact needs to be pinned somewhere, has to be told every single time someone suggests a lack of news breaches license conditions.

2 Likes

im sorry to be so negative but ten has a very weak schedule for a network that’s been broadcasting nearly 52 years .
It hasn’t been helped with so many more digital channels but why have modern family, family feud etc continuously on why can’t 10 show Canadian programmes like the excellent drama this life, pure,
Even the great Irish drama red rock that tv3 ireland shows there is amazing international content out there that never gets shown in Australasia

5 Likes

What about for regional areas?

Regional stations affected by the local content rules must broadcast “material of local significance” nut it does not have to be news. News however is weighted 2:1 compared to other local content and it would probably be hard to think of anything to provide enough unique content apart from news.

Scorpion has found a new home. Now on One Sunday week at 7.30pm picking up from where it left off on Ten .

3 Likes

Scorpion has been airing repeats in that timeslot according to Aaron at Mumbrella. Solid alternative to I’m a Celebrity and its replacement.

1 Like

I’m a Celeb is extending to the Monday by the looks of it. This season has worked well with 12 celebrities left up until the second to last full week.

Looks like Masterchef will begin on either the 7th or 14th of May. TBL goes for 8 weeks apparently.

1 Like

Unless My Kitchen Rules runs later. :wink:

TV Tonight reporting that Law and Order SVU is returning with new episodes - to Saturday nights.

1 Like

I appreciate they have to do something on Saturday nights, but this is not the answer… SVU just lost at least half of its audience easy.

1 Like

Although I agree I am fascinated to see how it goes, long term. Many have called for it to go on weekend for years now. The one thing that needs to be remembered is that SVU has a loyal following. And the viewers are probably above 40. Most of that audience will still be home on a Saturday night. So it could surprise us. The other positive is that Ten obviously have a plan for Thursdays for the rest of the year, or they wouldn’t waste episodes of SVU on a Saturday. What kind of figures does it need to do on a Saturday. I think Ten would be happy if it could consistently get 350-400k. I think it needs to get a bit higher than that though.

2 Likes

This could potential work, given the older demographic that this attracts. Monk used to get huge audiences on a Saturday.

3 Likes

So did Hercules and Xena, but I’m probably looking back a bit too far now :wink:

3 Likes

SVU on Saturday nights could work, but it much depends on its lead-in. Could Ten try one more time with MacGyver and Hawaii Five-O?

Ten is obviously planning two seasons of Gogglebox and new show Common Sense in the Thursday 8.30/9pm timeslot thus SVU has to move elsewhere.

No, No, No. MacGyver and Hawaii Five-0 failed to deliver. No they cannot go back to the same slot. But they could just do double episodes, or even triple episodes, 7:30-10:30. Have a repeat of All Star Family Feud at 6:30. Or potentially do Ten still have repeat rights to Talkin’ Bout Your Generation? They could air that at 6:30.

How would a different lead-out suddenly improve the performance of those lead-ins? They’ve had their chance and flopped.

48hrs does well on ONE, could that work on TEN 7:30 Saturdays?

4 Likes

Ten should jump on the Murder Doco bandwagon and repackage their 48 Hour stuff. I’ve said this for years on this board. People love this tabloid doco stuff post 8.30

2 Likes