Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

That explains things…

1 Like

That’s a great headline.

Must have been rating poorly?

Maybe move them to One or 10.30pm slots on Ten?

How did you get to that article?

Here:
https://mumbrella.com.au/category/tv-guides

OK let me rephrase it. Without knowing specific URLs how do we find those TV articles from the Mumbrella home page?

I could not find a menu on the main page. How are readers supposed to discover these articles?

Saturday Schedule

06:30 pm Ice Age: The Meltdown
08:10 pm Night at the Museum
10:30 pm The Maze Runner

2 Likes

These three shows were supposed to be an alternative to endless repeats of same movies on Saturdays. Sad it rated OK in summer but not in official ratings. Even if they move to One they may not survive in the schedule for long.

You have to type in TV guide in the search function at the Mumbrella home page. A list of results will come up.

1 Like

Triple movies for Saturday nights… ten tried with new content but dramas weren’t going to cut it as all the older audience has gone to abc on Saturday nights.

[quote=“TelevisionAU, post:1424, topic:44”]
OK let me rephrase it. Without knowing specific URLs how do we find those TV articles from the Mumbrella home page? I could not find a menu on the main page. How are readers supposed to discover these articles?[/quote]
It’s a good reference point but you’re right, impossible to find unless you are searching specifically for them.

Just discovered what happened to Blck’ish now, which I saw in TV Guides but was not in my recorder.

If you want to see Season 1 of The Odd Couple now Stan has it starting next month.

These three movies will probably pull a higher primary share, than the dropped shows :wink:

###Week commencing 5 March 2017

Sunday 5 March
11:30 am AEDT Supercars Clipsal 500

05:00 pm Ten Eyewitness News (Brisbane, Perth, 5.30pm Adelaide)
06:00 pm Family Feud - Sunday
06:30 pm Bondi Rescue S12 Ep 6
07:00 pm I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
In an I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! first, things will go bump in the night when the celebrities compete in their first night trial.
08:40 pm Bull [color=#3399ff]Series Premiere[/color]
09:40 PM 24: Legacy Ep5
10:40 PM Homeland S6 Ep4

Monday 6 March
07:30 pm I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
09:00 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway? Australia
09:40 pm Life In Pieces S2 Ep 8 and 9
10:40 pm The Odd Couple S3 Ep11 and 12

Tuesday 7 March
08:40 pm NCIS S14 Ep5
09:40 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S8 Ep11
10:40 pm TBA

Wednesday 8 March
08:40 pm This Is Us S1 Ep5
09:40 pm Madam Secretary S3 Ep11
10:40pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 9 March
08:30 pm Gogglebox Australia S5 Ep4
09:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. S17 Ep18
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 10 March
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show
Guests: Matthew McConaughey, Christina Ricci, Josh Widdicombe & Ed Sheeran.
09:30 pm TBA

Saturday 11 March
06:00 pm Bondi Rescue S12 Ep6
06:30 pm Ice Age: Continental Drift
08:30 pm X-Men First Class

I know we’ve gone through this many times before, but why does Ten Eyewitness News always become “Ten Nowitness News” in the South Eastern states whenever there’s a sporting telecast?

Now I certainly wouldn’t suggest running Ten Eyewitness News at 6pm on a permanent basis but on days of major sporting events that run until 6pm AEDST, surely the news would have a better viewer retention from the sport and into the tentpoles like IAC…GMOOH! than Family Feud & Bondi Rescue? Or am I missing something here?

4 Likes

Becasue Sydney and Melbourne audiences have repeatedly shown that they will switch to a local 6pm news rather than watch a national bulletin on Ten.

1 Like

when its 6pm people will switch from Ten to Seven or Nine for their local news. It would probably rate worse, which has been tried and failed.

But doesn’t Ten breach its licence conditions by not showing the news on weekends in Sydney and Melbourne due to sporting events? Surely there has to be a full bulletin, either on Ten, One or Eleven.

There are no licence conditions that require any news to be broadcast.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t a blank screen do the same thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. And if you go back in history it was not uncommon for some metro channels to not have a weekend news service at all.