Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

isn’t Adelaide getting the news from 5.30 to 6.30 rather than 5.30 till 6 on March 4

Do they normally?

on a occasion they do get the news at 5.30 or even 6pm whenever there is a big Supercar race or Australian F1 event. Back in October of last year, SA got the news at 5.30 to 6.30 due to Bathurst 1000.

1 Like

Seeing another instalment of Jungle Radio with Steve Price tonight with another moving insight highlighted for me that Australia could support a TV talk show. Even these relatively minor celebrities have interesting stories worth telling and there aren’t many supportive platforms where they can be told. I know there are shows like The Project, but that is usually a situation where three people plus a comedian conduct an interview. Steve Price has been very good in getting the celebs to open up in some cases about sometimes difficult backgrounds.

7 Likes

Steve Price to front his own talk show. Not sure if I would watch but it would be interesting.

It would be wildly off topic to reply in the “I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!” thread where some of the posts I’m referencing were made, hopefully this is the most relevant thread.

My response to the people who want to see the likes of Big Brother and Australia Idol revived and airing on Ten again: No thanks. Just because a program worked on TV a decade or more ago doesn’t mean that it should return. If you need proof, look at what happened with the revivals of Gladiators, Hey Hey It’s Saturday, It’s A Knockout and Young Talent Time (just to name a few) within the last decade…starting out strong before quickly flopping and being axed.

While I’m sure Ardent Leisure might want the show back to generate some positive buzz for it’s Gold Coast theme park which had a very troubling end to 2016, personally I’m not sure that the Australian public wants to see another revival of Big Brother (at least not at the moment) especially when Nine had the show only a few years ago.

And reviving Australian Idol? I thought that shiny floor singing/talent shows in general are on the wane at the moment. That’s why The X Factor has been cancelled by Seven (and I personally will not be surprised if The Voice goes this way in the next couple of years). Also, the recent revivals of Australia’s Got Talent and So You Think You Can Dance…enough said really.

TV viewers in 2017 have different tastes and expectations to the TV viewers of 2007, 1997 or 1987 and Ten (infact, Seven and Nine as well) needs to respond to that with bold, innovative primetime programing at a level currently not seen on Australian TV. Simply reviving concepts which have been tried before is not going to be something that will impress the increasing amount of Australian viewers who are now more entertained by online streaming services than anything scheduled in primetime on commercial TV.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind an All Stars Big Brother on Ten with people from previous years on it in the house.

1 Like

Except most of the people who appeared on Big Brother are as thick as two short planks and would have difficulty understanding the rules, let alone, play the game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Although I agree I still think Big Brother has potential to work. I do not think any tweaks to Australian Idol would make it work.

I would still like to see an Australian network have a proper attempt at The Apprentice and I can just see it working on Ten. Not a celebrity version. Survivor, The Apprentice, Shark Tank and Gogglebox could work together to bring different viewers to the network.

2 Likes

24 Legacy moves into a double episode this Sunday at 8.30 with Homeland staying at 10.30. Following week (March 5) is where Bull will premiere at 8.30 with 24 Legacy at 9.30

1 Like

Glad 10 made the move pity Bull wasn’t advertised over the Big Bash.

Won’t do any better anyway in my opinion. US Drama on a Sunday night is dead… it’s almost dead on FTA on any night of the week.

1 Like

Just my opinion, but I’ve always felt that most of those shows you mention that had comebacks (and others, like The Mole and The Price Is Right) suffered because of cheap and dreadful production decisions. The people involved with those reboots either failed to understand what made those shows so popular the first time around and how to bring that into the present, and/or did not have the budget necessary to deliver on it.

I agree that Idol is dead in the water but Big Brother would have a better chance only if it moved away from the dreadful talent agency casting of the Channel 9 years and returned to having genuine everyday people in the house.

3 Likes

I agree 100% but its not like they could keep 24 in that slot. Ten, unfortunately, have nothing else ready and available yet. Something they need to fix this time next year. 2 more Australian shows is needed for the beginning of the ratings period. (Ideally that would read 5)

1 Like

###Michael Weatherly Stars In His Best Role Yet.

Premieres Sunday 5 March At 8.30pm On TEN And WIN Network.

After starring as cheeky NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo for 13 successful seasons, Michael Weatherly makes his television return in his best role yet, as Dr Jason Bull, a brilliant, brash and charming puppet master with an extraordinary gift.

A legal drama unlike any other, Bull premieres Sunday, 5 March, at 8.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

Inspired by the early career of Dr Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time, Bull is set to become Australia’s new guilty pleasure.

Dr Bull is not a lawyer, but he can read a jury like a book. Using psychology, human intuition and high tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick, Dr Bull knows how a jury will vote, even before they do.

He employs a clever team of experts, charged with shaping the outcome of high-stakes trials down to the very last detail. Dr Bull’s combination of remarkable insights into human nature, three Ph.D.s and top-notch staff create winning strategies designed to tip the scales of justice in his clients’ favour.

Bull is a Stage 29, Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios production. It is written by Dr Phil McGraw and Paul Attanasio and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Dr Phil McGraw and Jay McGraw. The executive production team also includes Mark Goffman, Paul Attanasio, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, with Rodrigo Garcia serving as executive producer and director.

Looks like 24:Legacy has been bumped then.

Double on Sunday then 9.30 the following week

1 Like

Dr Phil was one of the creators of this show…no joke.

1 Like

Seeing as it’s based on him, not exactly a surprise.

3 Likes

An 8.30 advertised show starting at 8.43? That’s a good day! There are others when an 8.30 advertised show doesn’t end up starting until closer to 9pm!

3 Likes