Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Leaving Neverland is a co-production between HBO and UK Channel 4. It airs on Channel 4 over Wednesday and Thursday nights. I’d say it wouldn’t be available to international broadcasters until it has aired in the UK hence the Friday scheduling in Australia, Sunday in NZ.

4 Likes

It’s being dropped on 10 play from 10:01am Friday morning, so assume they’re airing it as early as possible.

The broadcast time has also been brought forward by an hour on Friday and 30 mins of Saturday from memory, so that’s something I guess.

1 Like

They haven’t aired the latest series of Hawaii Five O. Pointlessly shunted both This is Us and Madam Secretary to multichannels, I’d argue neither have improved the share of those channels. No reason why they couldn’t be airing at 10.30 Mon/Tue/Wed. After all, 7 seem happy to shunt The Blacklist to midnightish and 9 have Manifest at 11.15ish. Instead let’s have Norton and Hughes 5 times in a week.

Nothing unexpected.

It’s cheaper for Ten to run encores and also boosts their Aus content hours. Any loss can be put down to marketing as that is effectively what an encore is supposed to be.

1 Like

Pointlessly or due to terrible ratings? If they can’t work on 10 Peach then what hope has it on 10?

Personally I think the 10 Peach rebrand has failed and nobody knows what it is now. I think it had more cut through as 11. They should do what they did with 10 Boss to 10 Bold and look for a better name for 10 Peach and then improve their marketing and branding.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter what they call it. Apart from Neighbours, it is a channel full of tired old content

2 Likes

There’s absolutely no need for such language :open_mouth:

Permaban surely?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History

Both parts of Leaving Neverland have now aired on HBO so unfortunately for Ten, most will watch via other means.

Ten really needed to air this last night and tonight.

As has been established, they don’t obtain broadcast rights until Friday 10am AEDT.

1 Like

Established*

*citation needed

Don’t you think they would air it as soon as they can? The odd 10:01 am Friday streaming on Tenplay suggests an embargo until 10 am Friday.

2 Likes

10am AEDT Friday will be 11pm Thursday in the UK which is the time the doco concludes on Channel 4. There is obviously an embargo.

12 Likes

Except it’s already aired on HBO.

Perhaps this should have been a co-production between HBO and Channel 10 as half of it is based in Australia.

Who aren’t the only producers, as has been pointed out.

As if 10 has money to invest in productions all over the world.

CBS has money (apparently).

Anyway, the hype has died down and by now people have either seen the doco or read about it. Channel 4 are too slow too.

Given the American free to air networks are very conservative when it comes to airing anything of a sexual nature, I really can’t see how that doco could’ve been co-produced and broadcast by CBS, NBC or ABC.

Some of what Robson and Safechuck related was just too horrendous and disturbing. Even the network news services were judicious about the clips they aired from the doco and preceded them with a warning about their nature.

I don’t know how radio stations or music video channels will ever be able to play Jackson’s music again considering he is now so tarnished by these allegations. One of my happiest childhood memories is a primary school trip. Most of the long bus trip was spent singing along to the newly released Thriller album. The teacher went to the trouble to type out the lyrics for us. Even that memory is sullied by these revelations.

1 Like