Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Saturday finally updated

Saturday 16 February
06:30 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt x 2
07:30 pm Ambulance Rpt x 2
10:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans S5 Ep13
11:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt

Itā€™s not cheap and it has been successful.

Itā€™s one of the highest rating shows on 10 Bold and is consistently in the Top 20.

You donā€™t want to overexpose Ambulance by running too many episodes or versions at the same time. Ambulance Australia is already on Tuesday nights.

I would think show me the movie is a better flow into gogglebox than ambulance.

4 Likes

According to TV Tonight, Changing Rooms will also air next Saturday @ 7:30pm

That solves some holes in the schedule and Aussie content requirements.

Stupid Ten for not scheduling the finale of ā€œIā€™m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Hereā€ last night (where IMO, it wouldā€™ve easily gotten at least 750k against considerably weaker competition on Seven & Nine) rather than on Sunday when itā€™s gonna get smashed against MKR and especially MAFS! :confused:

TBH, I actually think thatā€™s a great programming strategy from Ten.

1 Like

:pensive:

Bondi Rescue will rate 250k so not really solving much.

What happens when DWTS fails? Another miserable year awaits for Ten.

1 Like

Well, there arenā€™t many alternatives. At least they have something better than repeats or a low rating import.

Very worried for 10.

I feel, against Married and MKR and the rest, Sunday Night Takeaway, possibly DWTS will rate badly and Changing Rooms already bombed.

This is why they never shouldā€™ve scheduled A) a shorter season B) starting 2 weeks before ratings of Iā€™m A Celebrity.

Theyā€™re left with nothing and have yet again started their year with horror!

1 Like

I disagree. I think 10 made the right call bringing celebrity forward. It dominated against live sport. It saw a huge drop once sport ended. I just think 10 commissioned the wrong show. I still think a show like the apprentice, amazing race or even big brother would be better suited for 10s audience.

4 Likes

Really? Hard to agree with this in the position they find themselves in now in the first survey week!

And Iā€™m A Celebrity did not ā€œdominateā€ against live sport, over exaggeration. Also Celebrity barely increased its audience. And 10 still came a distant third behind Nine and Seven during summer.

The original episodes for next week had Changing Rooms at 90 minutes on Wednesday and 60 minutes on Thursday. The amended schedule above as a 90 minute episode for Friday and a 90 minute episode for Saturday.

How does that work?

Iā€™m a Celebrity was doing pretty well in total viewers and was extremely competitive in the demos when the cricket and tennis were on. I also think Ten made the right choice. Their problem is commissioning shows which their target demographic would have no interest inlike Changing Rooms and I donā€™t think there will be that much interest in Dancing With The Stars either.

Ten are at their best when they innovate not recycle.

1 Like

Happy with the schedule update.
Might actually make me turn on my TV on Friday and Saturday nights now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not sure exactly your argument here. 10 were also a distant third with sport last. They were also a distant third with celebrity. Fact is if 10 got Cricket they would not have renewed celebrity as clearly they were not happy with its figures against the other reality shows.

As for your agument it did not dominate against live sport. The fact it beat both sports codes over 50% of the time it was on air is pretty big domination to me. I think you have called out dominated for far less.

As I said I think the issue was what was commissioned not the strategy. Celebrity against sport worked wonders and provided great shares. And why are we all writing Dancing, Sunday Takeway and Ambulance off before they go to air?

1 Like

Itā€™s obviously just an error and NCIS will be brought forward to 8.30

And thatā€™s fine. But what about recent weeks? And thatā€™s my point.

You can not commission a show just for 2 weeks of ratings publicity, Seven and Nine would laugh them out of the bank if they claimed anything against tennis/cricket and left it at just that! It MUST be competitive against the main rivals (Married and MKR) and has been whipped.

Anyway my original comment above was more about coming weeks with the new shows, this weekā€™s one already failing, as Iā€™m A Celebrity is endingā€¦

But then why are you suggesting it was stupid for them to not have Celebrity against MKR and Married? You are completely contradicting yourself.

1 Like

NCIS airs on Sundays.