Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Ultimately Ten bid for the cricket and fox bid and yeh were told its a done deal and they couldn’t really counter. Once fox locked in, CA needed a fta partner but fox were never going to work with a CBS owned ten and seven were able to nab the sub standard component of the deal. Very corrupt process. Can’t change now.

But really ten need to be much more ruthless and aggressive when it comes to rights and programming. Whilst they have that McGarvey there that won’t happen.

1 Like

Is there a precedent for a free-to-air network watching major sporting rights (aka hours of content) vanish without anything comparable to replace them with at any point in the year? I know Seven lost the AFL at one point but they still had the Tennis, Olympics and Melbourne Cup. Sure Ten have motor racing and Melbourne Cup but they’re not really comparable to Olympics, Cricket, AFL, League or Tennis.

2 Likes

What about all the years before Big Bash? Ten didn’t always have a major sport.

AFL.

Ten didn’t always have AFL either.

1 Like

The last time Ten were moderately successful/profitable without the rights to any major sport probably would been during the 1992-2001 timeframe - after losing what was then the NSW-RL to Nine, but before getting the AFL rights in the 2002-06 broadcast deal. But you simply can’t compare the Australian TV/media landscape of 20-30 years ago to the one we’ve got now!

1 Like

Didn’t they technically offer more but it was over 5 years?

yes. but they also wanted the streaming rights and CA scoffed.

Doesnt stop it being extremely popular in South Korea and now in the US.

The Masked Singer is also popular in China.

The name sounds shit too.

2 Likes

David Knox wrote on his TV Tonight website this morning (on the site’s 12th anniversary) that “progress has also been made with Network 10 and I look forward to resuming Programming posts asap”.

5 Likes

Week commencing 13 January 2019

Sunday 13 January
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Season 5 Premiere
09:30 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt

Monday 14 January
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
09:00 pm Murphy Brown S11 Ep09 and 10
10:00 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
11:00 pm Hughesy, We Hve A Problem Rpt

Tuesday 15 January
09:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles x 3 Rpt

Wednesday 16 January
09:00 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep09
10:00 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
11:00 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 17 January
09:00 pm The Connors S01 Ep07 and 08
10:00 pm Blue Bloods S9 Ep10
11:00 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 18 January
07:30 pm The Living Room Rpt
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
09:30 pm Movie: Killers (2010)

Saturday 19 January
06:00 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities x 2
07:00 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
08:00 pm Movie: Madagascar (2005)
09:45 pm NCIS: New Orleans x 2 Rpt
11:45 pm Elementary Rpt

Note re Sunday: Ten is showing I’m A Celebrity 7:30 - 11:00pm. No clarification as to whether this is correct. WIN is showing TBA at 9:00pm. (Perhaps it’s going to be Slow TV Jungle style :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They really should have had some supporting new content ready for the post Celebrity slots to launch the new year, one of the pilot week shows, Hughesy, a drama etc.

Resting on their laurels with just one show 6 nights a week that struggled last year to gain any traction and without a decent lead in from the BBL this year is pretty disappointing programming.

3 Likes

I feel for I’m A Celebrity. No idea how this is going to work. And as a viewer of the show and a tennis watcher, obviously I’m going to be prioritising live sport.

What next, networks going to start putting top tier programming against the Olympics :unamused:

Didn’t 10 already do that in 2016 with The Bachelor airing against (highlights) of Rio against Seven?

3 Likes

Will you watch I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here on delay?

1 Like

I’ll have to try I guess, but hard with the long episode time and so many episodes in a short space. Ten play most likely

1 Like