Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

The Conners moving to 10 Peach?

What’s Nine got to do with it? If Nine let titles go then they will know that they’re most likely going to pop up somewhere else. Just like how Nine will pick up titles that have been on other networks. It’s business. They won’t care especially that Ten is using it as summer filler.

3 Likes

where would it go when Two and a Half Men takes up the 7pm to 8.30 time slot Monday to Thursday

Last night, Ten’s main channel was beaten by its own multichannel, 10 Bold! :open_mouth: :flushed:

14 Likes

Is that the first time it’s ever happened? TV history may have been made last night!

Ten’s main channel share has been so low lately you wonder why they persist with the current management. Beaten by cable channels as well some nights.

4 Likes

That would be right. In the past, we have seen Ten’s main channel being beaten by a multichannel from a rival commercial network from time to time, but never, until last night, has it been beaten by one of its very own.

9 Likes

I was one of the 13 people in Australia watching “Sex and the City” movie last night on Ch 10, I’m also ashamed to admit :rofl:

1 Like

why should you be ashamed to admit it. If you like it that’s your decision.

Firstly, was it the first one or the second one?
Secondly, I’m not sure how they came to the decision to make one let alone two!

1 Like

It was the 2nd one.

Have to admit even as a gay man I have never seen the attraction to Sex and the City. Friends of mine would shoot me for saying that.

Same here, don’t like it at all.

…And you complain about their programming…:joy:

I think the series proper is great (not many other comparable series that have such strong character development and the quality never really dipped through its entire run) , though it’s starting to age pretty badly.

The movies are horrendous and were very obvious money making exercises.

1 Like

When will 10 ever seriously challenge the other networks?
Even having had so many of the huge hits over the last few decades, they’ve never been able to capitalise… I’m thinking Perfect Match and Neigbours in their hey day, Australian Idol, Big Brother, Masterchef… they just can’t seem to get any traction across their full schedules…

They will never again challenge the other networks but surely they can do better than sub 10% shares.

2 Likes

Although I agree that Ten are unlikely to rate much better than 3rd in the foreseeable future, it’d be really disappointing if they could never again challenge Seven and/or Nine in the ratings.

When it improves its news services and gets the rights to major sports like AFL, NRL and sole rights to international cricket played in Australia.

2 Likes

I was thinking… if seven and ten swapped programming and everything I reckon ten still would be third. People just don’t watch ten and watch seven/nine as default.

4 Likes

Not to mention that Seven actually has second rate shit that doesn’t resonate well with 10’s audience, they would be far worse with Seven’s programs. 10’s programs aren’t too bad but they don’t know how to promote anything properly. That’s their problem.

2 Likes