Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

I am, because that’s what happened.

yes, when it’s on every single night… and double headers on a few days too.

yeesh.

Okay, fair enough.

Let’s just agree to come back in a few months time after 10 have launched their new 50 week thing and their new programs (I’m a Celeb, Dancing with the Stars, Changing Rooms etc) and if the ratings are still low then you will just have to accept that it’s not good enough. And if they improve the shares, we will accept they’re improving lol.

I’m optimistic, but also a realist…

Prime time- 37 BBL and 1 WBBL. Rest are out of prime time. Even then, the final was only partially in prime time.

Anyway, I’m tired of the whole discussion. Personally, 10’s scheduling and programming stinks.

1 Like

Allow me to be honest for a moment. I’m actually planning to watch those programs I listed above. I believe I’m a Celeb has had its day but I’ll still be watching. I’m not critical or negative because I hate 10, I just believe they are playing it safe by renewing low rating content and commissioning two programs that have had their day on other networks. They used to be the innovators with Big Brother, Australian Idol and MasterChef. You could even say 10 brought real family viewing back in 2001 to Australian homes but they haven’t done anything innovative since MasterChef in 2009. We all remember that was a massive, massive risk. A cooking show, 5 nights a week in primetime. Everyone thought it would be the death of them but it was a stoke of genius. That’s the 10 we need right now. That’s the 10 they need to strive to be. Not this playing it safe and commissioning known product that may work again.

I’d actually use and abuse Home and Away’s ratings decline and bring their reality and family viewing back to 7pm. The Project can stay for 30 minutes. Start MasterChef etc at 7pm again.

1 Like

Innovators? Hang on a minute, weren’t all three of those formats you mentioned successfully running (in some form or another) overseas before Ten made them their own for the Australian market?

Obviously I mean to Australian audiences. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Even so, they were pretty good with original Australian content too like Thank God You’re Here, Talkin’ Bout your Generation and recently Have You Been Paying Attention.

3 Likes

Masterchef is an Australian format isn’t it?

I believe it originated in the UK?

From wikipedia:
MasterChef is a BBC television competitive cooking show. It initially ran between 1990 and 2001 and was later revived in a different format known as MasterChef Goes Large from 2005 onwards. In 2008, the “Goes Large” part of the name was dropped, but the format remains identical.

1 Like

What do you think Pilot Week was? They are scheduling those shows this year :+1:

The original concept began on the BBC but I believe it was Ten’s upscaling of the format that triggered further adaptations overseas.

I remember seeing the original on BBC when visiting the UK after Christmas 2008, and knowing that Ten had picked it up for 2009 I was thinking this is going to be yawnsville for Ten five nights a week. But to their credit they totally took it into “shiny floor” territory.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2019 Ratings Predictions

Lets be honest none of those shows are going to be ratings hits.

Mediaspy: TEN NEED NEW AND RATINGS BLOCKBUSTER SHOWS.
Ten: Creates pilot week, green lights a swag of new shows
Mediaspy: THEY’LL ALL BOMB.
Mediaspy: TEN NEED NEW AND RATINGS BLOCKBUSTER SHOWS.

sigh.

14 Likes

I genuinely would love to see what other would do with ten’s schedule (albeit in the appropriate thread). I just don’t think they could have done much in such short notice between November-January when they already had planned what they had to air.

Week commencing 6 January 2019

Sunday 6 January
06:00 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities Rpt
06:30 pm The Sunday Project Series Return
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep12 Guests: Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emily Mortimer and Ben Wishaw
08:30 pm Movie: The Girl On The Train (2016)
10:45 pm NCIS Rpt

Monday 7 January
07:30 pm Ambulance Australia Rpt
08:30 pm Movie: Muriel’s Wedding (1994)
10:30 pm How to Stay Married Rpt

Tuesday 8 January
07:30 pm Ambulance Australia Rpt
08:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles x 3 Rpt

Wednesday 9 January
07:30 pm Jamie and The Nonnas S1 Ep08 Series Final
08:30 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep08
09:30 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
10:30 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 10 January
07:30 pm Territory Cops x 2
08:30 pm Movie: Red (2013)
10:50 pm Blue Bloods S9 Ep09
11:50 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 11 January
07:30 pm The Living Room Rpt
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show x 2 Rpt
10:30 pm Arj Barker: Get In My Head Rpt

Saturday 12 January
06:00 pm The Nut Job (2014)
07:45 pm Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)
09:45 pm NCIS: New Orleans x 2 Rpt
11:45 pm Elementary Rpt

Girl on the Train FTA premiere, enjoyed this eerie thriller at the cinemas a couple of years back.

Muriel’s Wedding (network premiere?) Nine won’t be too happy.