Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

A timeshift channel is a waste of bandwidth. If you are advocating it replaces Bold, for Ten, means they lose a source (however small) of revenue.

3 Likes

It already exists, If you are in Melbourne or Sydney, you can watch the Perth feed via 10play for a +3 hour timeshift channel.

1 Like

Monday 31 December
09:30 pm Sex and The City 2 (2010)

Wednesday 2 January
08:30 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep07
09:30 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt

Thursday 3 January
07:30 pm Territory Cops x 2

Friday 4 January
10:30 pm Strassman: Careful What You Wish For

1 Like

Good job 10, thatā€™ll bring the shares up! You know you have more competition now that the Tennis has started? Right?

1 Like

I know bagging Ten is a competitive sport here but they have nothing. What do you suggest as an alternative?

How many times do we need to say ā€œthey have nothingā€? They knew they wouldnā€™t have any content for this period. They should have been prepared. Thereā€™s absolutely no excuse. Nine and Seven have sport, ABC is staying above ground with its schedule. There is absolutely no excuse for 10. Think outside the box. They should have had Christmas specials of our favourite 10 shows:

A MasterChef Christmas cooking special with Matt, Gary and George. Past contestants cooking their favourite Christmas family dishes.

Prime time Pointless episodes to try and gain an audience.

The Living Room nightly summer specials like what Better Homes and Gardens used to do/ 7Two do at 7pm.

Commission a game show - even if itā€™s just for the summer. Sale of the Century/ Deal or No Deal. Whatever.

The first Neighbours Christmas should have been a major event on the main channel because, why not, they have nothing else.

Those are just some ideas.

10 Likes

Maybe Pointless could have worked but it is already a very low rating show and would probably drag dpwn prime time. Where would you put Neighbours without affecting The Project?

The specials would probably be a good idea but they did one of each of those for Christmas. Would viewers want more ? How costly are they, to screen in summer timeslots?

Commissioning a game show just for summer would be an enormous cost which would really not be money well spent.

Can primetime get any lower?

The Project was a repeat Christmas night so Neighbours could have easily slipped in there for one night. Even an hour long special.

Those specials would surely be cheaper than what Seven paid for Cricket and what Nine paid for Tennis.

3 Likes

As long as viewers tune in to view them but will they?

Maybe a reality game show or a summer chat show on location at a beach may be things Ten could do.

Are you seriously watching television in summer when thereā€™s so much to do outdoors?

You know youā€™re on a media forum right? We donā€™t go outside, obviously! :joy::stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah a cheap chat show could have been good.

OK. Besides sport, are you seriously watching television in summer when thereā€™s so much to do outdoors?

Iā€™ve been out all day and am waiting for others to get ready before we go out for dinner. Thatā€™s reality of a summer lifestyle for most.

Was it? I thought it was prerecorded?

Although I agree I donā€™t know if they really did have enough time between finding out they missed on big bash and now. Yes they could do things you suggested but is it worth airing cheap nasty programs that end up costing more than they are worth for an extra 200k max?

Prerecorded. Repeat. Whatever. Itā€™s a news program, it shouldnā€™t have been prerecorded, therefore it would have been expendable for one night.

Well prerecording is still new content. So much is prerecorded on tv.

News content, which The Project claims to be, is hardly ever prerecorded.

It had news bulletins inserted so was up to date.

1 Like

A current affair and today tonight are.

Anyway, lol, back to the point.

10 just donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing. In general. It will take something massive to bring them back. Even blowing it up and changing the logo did nothing. I donā€™t have the answer but I canā€™t see them ever competing with Nine and Seven ever again in this current landscape with so many other viewing options.

First step would be Beverly McGarvey. Sheā€™s had long enough in her role. Sheā€™s gotta go.

4 Likes

I agree 100% with you but I think I will give them a get out of jail free card this summer. If this is the case next summer then excuses are off the table. I would like to see them launch Iā€™m a Celebrity in late November and run through until just before Christmas. This would provide new content for the beginning of summer. Then I would like to see them launch Big Brother or Bachelor in Paradise beginning of January to run through until Masterchef begins in May.

Iā€™m going to get nailed for this but Iā€™d love to see Australian Idol back somewhere. It was a major program back in the day and would surely bring some viewers back. Of course, the host and judging panel would have to be perfect.

It was the one show where the whole country could get involved in. With their auditions all around Australia and such. Itā€™s what we need right now.