Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

given you’ve try to see a link between “holistic” and “wholesome”, I think it was a fair question to ask.

2 Likes

We arn’t still talking about channel names are we? :joy:

3 Likes

I can’t believe someone didn’t suggest 10 Wholesome and 10 Holistic earlier, genius.

5 Likes

Whilst we are playing this game, I’m certain you mean that you might be biased.

2 Likes

Schedule Update

Wednesday 14 November
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:40 pm Blind Date S1 Ep05
09:40 pm Million Little Things Series Premiere
10:40 pm Madam Secretary S5 Ep05

Blind Date is already dead so why wreck another show by making it a lead in.

1 Like

I don’t think Million Little Things stood a chance anyway - 3 serious US dramas in the same timeslot across commercial stations - great for ABC and multichannels.

Yeah but why make it harder for it to rate for a show that most people aren’t interested in.

Schedule update
Wednesday 7 November
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:45 pm Playing For Keeps S1 Ep08 Season Final
09:45 pm Blind Date encore
10:45 pm Madam Secretary S5 Ep04

Also, during The Bachelorette tonight I saw a promo which said the revival of Murphy Brown would premiere on 10 on Monday, November 26. Is it taking over the post-8.30pm timeslot after Have You Been Paying Attention finishes for the year?

Interesting that Murphy Brown is coming to Monday’s, I would’ve thought The Connors would’ve been better.

Maybe 10 plan on launching that as a family show at 7:30 post Bachelorette on Wed or Thur.

Also, I didn’t like it originally but I really like 10’s new female voiceover and suits their new look.

She seems to be a bit too casual though. It’s like she doesn’t really care about that she saying. The delivery needs to sound like it has purpose.

It’s about not using TV speak anymore… being more genuine.

1 Like

I’m loving it. Great job 10

Also, Jamie Cooks Italy coming in November as seen in this promo as well as David Attenborough.

1 Like

It’ll tank no matter what day they schedule it because the humour revolves around attacking the Trump administration and the writers constantly bash the viewer over the head with liberal propaganda. I seem to recall the original show having a broader outlook. The latest instalment on the midterm elections was the unfunniest, most cringeworthy episode of a sitcom I’ve seen since Small Wonder. Even the acting is questionable. I have no idea why Ten is bothering with this.

2 Likes

Maybe we’ll get used to it after a while but so far it feels like her voice gets lost in what else is happening on screen. You can’t tell if what she is saying is the voice over or part of the show.

I’ve seen Jamie Cooks Italy at Woolworths and some bookshops, I always wonder when the TV show will be shown on 10. It is a 8-part series which aired on Channel 4 in Britain in mid August to early October.
But why is the show called Jamie and the Nonnas in Australia? :roll_eyes: If the name change comes from distributor Fremantle then it is a dumb idea.

Looking forward to it then.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is just a guess but Murphy Brown will tank for the main reason it is not very good.
I did watch Murphy in its hey day and thought it was good. I have watched all episodes that have aired in America thus far and it is pretty tragic.

I really do not think it would rate in any time slot on any network.

Madam Secretary to 1030 was obvious. It was not even getting 200k

The show nobody asked to come back.

1 Like