Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

The TBA is the encore of NCIS season 16 episode 1 from Sunday.

Just curious - does Media Spy still receive all the Ten / Eleven / One guides as normal?
I only ask because TvTonight has stopped publishing Ten guides. The last one published was September 16th

Saturday 13 October
07:00 pm Game of Games Rpt

TBAs in Tenā€™s schedule now filled:

Thursday 11 October (tonight)
09:40 pm Playing for Keeps Rpt

Friday 12 October
10:30 pm The Bachelorette Rpt

Why does Network Ten not seem to buy any Fox titles anymore in their programming schedule, or have any new/old Fox titles? They seem to appear on SBS Viceland (The Orville) or Ch 7 (9-11 . I know Ten used to have a deal with Fox but is Fox no longer supplying Ten with Fox shows after debt to them last year?

• I am assuming they have no Fox titles, might be wrongā€¦

The Orville could have worked on Eleven.

Yes. Ten broke the contract with Fox and they do not supply them with exclusive content any more.

SBS and Channel 7 have picked up whatever shows they have wanted since the networks prefer to not have the costly out put deals with the big companies like Fox.

Seven picked up The Simpsons, Modern Family, MASH and new shows like The Resident and 9-1-1.
SBS bought The Orville.
Ten signed a new deal for This Is Us.

1 Like

I know they donā€™t have a contract with Fox , but does that mean Fox wonā€™t supply Fox network shows on an individual basis to Ten anymore?

This Is Us is on NBC not Fox?

Shows are purchased from studios rather than TV networks. This Is Us is produced by 20th Century Fox Television studio. Modern Family is another example, it is shown on ABC but is a 20C Fox show.

2 Likes

Week commencing 21 October 2018

Sunday 21 October
07:30 pm Game of Games S1 Ep03
09:00 pm NCIS S16 Ep03
10:00 pm Elementary S6 Ep13
11:00 pm Elementary Rpt

Monday 22 October
07:30 pm Blind Date S1 Ep02
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm Sports Tonight

Tuesday 23 October
07:30 pm Ambulance Australia S1 Ep02
08:30 pm FBI S1 Ep02
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Season 10 Premiere
10:30 pm NCIS Encore

Wednesday 24 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:30 pm Playing For Keeps S1 Ep06
09:30 pm Madam Secretary S5 Ep02
10:30 pm Hawaii Five-0 Rpt

Thursday 25 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:30 pm Gogglebox S8 Ep09
09:30 pm Blind Date Encore
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 26 October
07:30 pm Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep04 Guests: Sir Michael Caine, Chris Pine, Rami Malek and Sally Field.
09:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
10:30 pm Playing For Keeps Encore

Saturday 27 October
04:55 pm Bledisloe Cup: Australia v New Zealand TBC
07:00 pm TBA

Market variations will be posted later.

2 Likes

Looking forward to accurate start and finish times in the future

4 Likes

If thereā€™s one thing I hope CBS influences itā€™s this.

I take it the tweet was in reference to Sunday Afternoon Football finishing on time? Ten donā€™t really have any live sport leading into primetime so itā€™s not really the same thing.

3 Likes

Also isnā€™t sticking to times a legislated obligation in the US. I thought the networks there face stiff penalties for running late of schedule. Our broadcast regulators and networks seemingly couldnā€™t give a rats about sticking to times except when strategically suitable. Not even having CBS having ownership of Ten is likely to change that much.

6 Likes

Yep and CBS often tweet adjusted schedules when going overtime during football broadcasts.

1 Like

Unavoidable delays must be exempt from the rules. CBS primetime in some markets is often delayed on Sunday due to NFL overruns. They always advise the new start times.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realise that the FCC regulated program start times in the US. I thought it was more to do with 1. respect for viewers and 2. The networks providing a contracted block of programming to affiliates. CBS, NBC, ABC affiliates waiting to broadcast local news at the end of the 8-11 block and FOX, CW etc waiting for 10pm for their local programs to start.

I recall a few years ago a big uproar when American Idol ran almost 2 minutes (!!) overtime with live results. People with PVRs complained about missing the end of the show and others about missing the start of programs on other networks IIRC Ryan S apologised at the start of the next show.

2 Likes

I wonder if Happy Together is available for Ten from CBS Studios?

It is a 30 minute comedy. The hook is it stars ex-Neighbour Felix Mallard as an Australian.

Felix is good in it but the show is bad.

I was thinking of a pairing with man With a Plan at 10pm ish.

Keep goingā€¦maybe 11ish.