Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

No different to Waleed Aly appearing on Outsiders or having his own ABC radio show. Or Hamish MacDonald hosting The Sunday Project last week and News Breakfast this week.

10 Likes

As an example, doesn’t Eddie McGuire appear on Fox also?

yes he is one of their football commentators.

Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald appears on The Project and Foxtel’s Back Page and Seven’s The Front Bar.

There are so many more.

At least finishing at 7 it matches up with the end of the news for 9 and 7. Otherwise people will have finished watching 7 or 9 news and will have missed half of what’s on Ten. It’s probably why The Project always rates worse off at 6.30 rather than 7.

1 Like

It has not worked, audiences have not connected with it and it isn’t showing any signs of potential. Another show needs to be tried at 6pm in 2019.

Ten’s Sunday lineup has been pretty pointless for the last few weeks, content and ratings wise :thinking:

4 Likes

If Game of Games is successful could a mini version air at 6pm ?

Don’t get ahead of yourself there. That’s a big “If”.

1 Like

I think we’ve established that game/quiz shows are not the answers to Ten’s problems at 6pm.

3 Likes

Cost would outweigh benefit there too.

1 Like

So the I think the question goes, does Ten return news to 6pm?

If they did they should wait until this time next year so extensive promotion can occur and it benefits from both Bathurst and the Melbourne Cup lead in. Viewers have not been inclined to switch to Ten for news at 6pm for decades. Changing habits and getting people away from Seven and Nine will be hard.

If Ten could find and secure sports events on the second and third Saturday of October and promote October as Ten’s month of sporting events, I think it would be too hard to secure anything in September and post Melbourne Cup Carnival in November

1 Like

Network Ten goes big with latest line-up of shows

Network Ten has launched phase two of its ‘Always On’ nationwide consumer marketing campaign, promoting its latest line-up of shows to come in the next month.

From Sunday 7 October, Ten will be premiering four new shows including Game of Games on Sunday nights, Blind Date on Monday nights, Ambulance Australia on Tuesday nights and The Bachelorette Australia on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

The ‘Always On’ multi-platform campaign will continue to use a range of media including large format digital outdoor, retail, digital taxi backs, radio, transit, digital and social.

Network Ten’s head of marketing and social media Brad Garbutt said: “Like our shows, we’re going big with phase two of the campaign. We’ve never had more fun getting creative in engaging and exciting our core 25 to 54 audience through this campaign. We’re combining broad-reaching assets like outdoor billboards and transit media with more targeted advertising channels like radio, social and digital that give us the flexibility to adapt messaging for each of our shows.

“What’s great about Ten’s programming strategy is that we’re now programming for 50 weeks of the year. The ‘Always On’ campaign is aimed to continually remind audiences and advertisers that we’re investing in creating premium entertainment content that gets them talking.”

Programs still to come on Ten this year include How to Stay Married and The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds . Ten will then kick off 2019 with another full slate of entertainment including I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!, Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway, Dancing with the Stars, Changing Rooms and Bachelor in Paradise .

6 Likes

What are they running in the other 2 weeks then? Test pattern?

5 Likes

Summer hiatus.

For the second week in a row, Blue Bloods has been replaced by an encore of Playing for Keeps from previous night.

So movies and Jamie Oliver?

C’mon Ten. Good on you for committing to so much content in Summer but two weeks? They should IMO run competitive programming every, single night of the year. Period.

I don’t think it’s a hanging offence given the usual custom is to take 12 weeks off over summer. And coming from the position Ten was in I think if they are conceding 2 weeks for a break then that’s still a win.

6 Likes