Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Wonder if they are gonna fast track The Conners ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it over Summer.

They need to broadcast the unaired episodes of Roseanne first. The show didn’t cease to exist because one of the actors made a racist comment.

2 Likes

That’s the whole episode though, I’m only talking about post 9.30pm.

But Ten already said they won’t air episodes of Roseanne anymore after what she said.

Your point was that the schedule is poor, only point you made, not sure how I missed it… I have no idea what/who TV Blackbox is to know anything about any prior discussion.
My point was that their schedule was quite good, not sure how you missed that? Nothing blasè about my view at all, didn’t suggest they weren’t trying at all. I actually suggested that TV Networks can put whatever they like at 9.30pm-midnight, the eyeballs simply aren’t there. I think Ten are actually going about it the right way (Except for this padding out of reality that they, and everyone else, insist on) by spreading out their American content across the entire week and putting what is the best (newer product is more unknown,so it’s trial and error sometimes) content in that first available 9.30(ish) slot. This schedule is not perfect, of course, I think Monday night could have something better following HYBPA. Other than that, they’re actually putting out a decent schedule that can hopefully see them build on what they’ve been setting out to do.

Is Street Smart disappearing from our screens after tonight?
The Mediaspy guides did not mark this as season final, however my understanding is that 8 episodes were made and tonight is the 8th episode.

Confirmation from anyone that it was 8 episodes and tonight is the last?

Yes 8 episodes like most new shows these days.

Forever? A 10 year running classic sitcom can never be broadcast again because of one racist tweet?

Lucky Seinfeld didn’t suffer the same fate after Michael Richards’ racist outburst.

2 Likes

give it a year or two, then it will probably come back as a mid-morning or late night filler on One or 11, before resuming a slot of maybe 5pm weekdays when all is forgotten

2 Likes

If they want The Conners to succeed, surely they have to air the final Roseanne episodes beforehand. How are viewers supposed to follow the storyline otherwise? Surely anyone interested in watching The Conners would want to see these episodes first.

Just air them in a block at Saturday 10.30pm if need be.

Dont think there will be much for people to know other than Roseanne is now dead.

What about the plots around Darlene, her kids, David, Jackie etc?

Ten probably won’t even bother acquiring The Conners. It will end up on Foxtel.

Not doubting that, but really they have a moral dilemna here

We can only hope. Dreadful, dreadful program.

Is this from the same people behind Here Come The Habibs ? because HCTH I really enjoyed .

I think Ten are really making a mistake this weekend by airing Ten Eyewitness News for 1 hour from 6pm til 7pm on Saturday in NSW and VIc, they shopuld finish it at 6:30pm and perhaps air what would have been Sunday’s edition of Pointless or even Russell Coight repeats. They are just copying Seven and Nine on that night with the News. Sunday night they have made a good choice.

Pointless doesn’t run on Sundays

1 Like

Yes and it will be smashed. No amount of promotion during Bathurst will prevent people switching. 25 years of switching at 6pm it becomes a reflex.

1 Like