Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

but Ambulance is the only thing that has rated half-decently for Ten on Saturday nights. Id leave it on Saturdays.

I also agree that 6pm News on Sundays leading into The Project is ideal.

I think he is talking about the Australian version.

2 Likes

Blind Date Monday 15 October at 7:30pm.

1 Like

Ambulance Australia, Tuesday October 16 at 7.30

So ten is going to have new content across the 730 slots throughout the week… what are their plans for 830. They can’t rely on one show a night.

I think its NCIS on Sundays, HYBPA on Monday, FBI on Tuesday, Playing for Keeps Wednesday and Gogglebox Thursday.

3 Likes

Makes sense.
Would be good to see something else for Sunday nights but not sure what else they have…
Monday’s and Thursday nights will be strong. FBI looks ok but knowing how US drama performs it won’t be a smash hit.

1 Like

They needed new content and appear to be delivering on that. The US dramas are airing out of necessity because they have no domestic content to fill the slots. NCIS and a spin-off back to back on Sunday’s makes sense. FBI on Tuesday’s too should fit out of the factual well. Blind Date and Have You Been Paying Attention seem compatible too. I think this is a decent effort from Ten and could be the start of the gradual rebuild they so desperately needed to get underway.

2 Likes

I agree, not a bad line-up with some decent new content.

They also still have How To Stay Married, Secret Life of 4 Year Olds and possibly new episodes of Hughsey We Have A Problem to air also in the 4th quarter somewhere.

2 Likes

Give it time. It’s taken almost a year to get to this point.

1 Like

Small observation - CBS do very well with their coverage of shows on FTA in Australia. Whilst ABC, Fox and NBC have shows across free to air, Foxtel or nothing at all, CBS has almost all their shows on FTA and this was before CBS took over Ten.

Of 25 returning series on CBS, 22 air on FTA, 2 air on Foxtel and 1 is unknown (Murphy Brown)

Of the 8 new series:

The Code (CBS distributed so should air on Ten)
FBI (confirmed for Ten)
God Friended Me (confirmed for Seven)
Magnum PI (NBC so could go anywhere)
The Red Line (WB so could go anywhere)

The other 3 could very well be Ten

Start dates for new seasons in October:

Wed 17th - Madam Secretary at 9:30pm

Tues 23rd - NCIS:LA at 9:30pm

Sat 27th - NCIS:NO at 8:30pm

1 Like

Great to see all 3 NCIS shows back this month.

1 Like

Season 2 of The Cook’s Pantry with former MasterChef contestants Matt Sinclair and Courtney Roulston, premieres Monday October 22 at 7.30pm. I think the timeslot may be an error though, as Blind Date will also be at 7.30pm Mondays from October 15.

2 Likes

i think that season one of The Cook’s Pantry with Mat Sinclair has aired on Ten already throughout the year, in an afternoon timeslot (3.30 from memory). Perhaps its season two that is coming out instead?

Week commencing 7 October 2018

Sunday 7 October
07:30 am AEST Supercars: Bathurst 1000

Sydney, Melbourne
06:00 pm Ten Eyewitness News

Brisbane, Perth
05:00 pm Ten Eyewitness News
05:30 pm Bondi Vet

Adelaide
05:30 pm Ten Eyewitness News
06:00 pm Jamie’s 15-Minute Meals

Network
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm Game of Games Series Premiere
09:00 pm NCIS Season 16 Premiere
10:00 pm Sports Tonight
10:45 pm Elementary S6 Ep11

Monday 8 October
07:30 pm Australian Survivor
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm Arj Barker: Get In My Head Rpt
11:00 pm Man With A Plan Season 2 Final

Tuesday 9 October
07:30 pm Australian Survivor Season Final
09:00 pm Australian Survivor Reunion Show
10:00 pm TBA
11:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 10 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia Season 4 Premiere
09:10 pm Playing For Keeps S1 Ep04
10:10 pm Movie: The Guilt Trip (2012)

Thursday 11 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:40 pm Gogglebox S8 Ep07
09:40 pm TBA
10:40 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 12 October
07:30 pm Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep02 Guests: Rowan Atkinson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Gary Barlow and Jeff Goldblum
09:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
10:30 pm TBA

Saturday 13 October
06:30 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
07:00 pm Game of Games Rpt
08:30 pm Ambulance x 2 Rpt
11:00 pm Elementary Rpt

3 Likes

That is still a poor schedule.

I’ll be recording and holding New Orleans for watching in Jan/Feb 2019. The two originals are enough for me in the Oct-Dec quarter.

All new content across the 7:30pm slots and now the 8:30pm ones also, 4 of which are new Aussie content as well.

Sure, there could be some improvements in the later timeslots and on Saturday’s but that’s not necessarily mutually exclusive to Ten at the moment.

Notwithstanding obvious personal tastes when it comes to choice in programming, it doesn’t really look like a “poor schedule” to me.

I expect you’ll also comment in the 7 & 9 threads respectively to also highlight their poor schedules for the following week also?

5 Likes

I don’t think ten are trying very hard post 930 right now. Perhaps there’s an announcement pending at the upfront. 30 days to go!

1 Like