Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Yikes. Thats how you know Tens cupboard is bare.

2 Likes

They’re sitting on new Roseanne (America’s #1 comedy) but won’t air it.

more than likely at the end of April

I can’t see Roseanne rating much higher than 500k. But it would be a big improvement to This is US and Madam Secretary which are stuck in the 200k or below ratings bracket.

1 Like

Why wait?

1 Like

Probably because the Commonwealth Games would have ended. They will probably air on Thursdays out of Masterchef.

The Commonwealth Games end on 15 April. Why wait a few more weeks and get further behind US airings? Most of the buzz happens around actual air dates in the US. Ten should capitalise on it, not contain it.

because America takes random breaks that last for one to two weeks, so they take the opportunity to have an uninterrupted run - however sometimes that backfires.

7 Likes

Ten are doing some weird shit with their scheduling of Entertainment Tonight.

Because the repeat of Bachelor in Paradise can run 10, 15 or 20 minutes over, they just screen whatever segment of ET they feel like. So yesterday they cut the opening credits and the whole segment up to the first ad break and then cut off the closing segment and closing credits. Today it just started in the middle of the show again and ended bluntly.

Can’t they just make these reality shows fit into normal timeslots of 60, 90 or 120 minutes? Why is every episode varying in random lengths?

4 Likes

Probably thinking of the lead out of Masterchef to give it more of a chance of success. In the past this has worked for them.

This season of Roseanne runs for eight weeks uninterrupted so that reasoning isn’t applicable to this case.

maybe Ten will show it over 4 weeks as double episodes

I predict that will happen right after Gogglebox ends.

ok, shit… sorry.

Gogglebox ends next week.

Yeah if they want to kill it off before it even starts.

sheesh. People complain about it not being fast tracked, you just can’t win can you. If they do double eps, they will rapidly catch up with the US screenings.

1 Like

You can win by fast tracking. No one has ever lost from fast tracking.

it will not rate against the commonwealth games. it will be a waste, and you will admonish them for that decision.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. I firmly believe that no US drama or comedy - anything scripted - has a place in primetime on FTA TV anymore.

4 Likes

I dont agree. I believe its got a place on FTA but on multichannels.

2 Likes