Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

The Bachelorette has three weeks left in this season including this week, with the finale set for Thursday October 26. It means Ten has the whole November to fill with official ratings finishing on December 2. Ten will need more than Jamie Oliver to fill its Wednesday and Thursday 7.30pm timeslot.

1 Like

They’ve still got another Season of Todd Sampson’s Bodyhack to come, so there’s a couple of weeks content plus we’ll probably see the usual David Attenborough doco or similar for a couple of weeks in the 7:30pm timeslot to fill some holes.

Ten always run out of content. Every year!! The idiots really do not know how to plan.

And because they have no money they can’t purchase and special event programming etc to fill holes.

Hopefully this might change under cbs

6 Likes

I thought they planned for this this year. Something about shifting their schedule 10%?

I assume the failure of TBL earlier in the year affected their plan for the year?

Didn’t they just air Jamie, Family Feud etc. The Biggest Loser still finished in daytime a few days or the day Masterchef began. Unless they scheduled double episodes or something?

I honestly don’t remember as I didn’t watch Ten in that period. :confused:

I think the main problem is that Ten has been showing MasterChef from the night after My Kitchen Rules ends, and forgetting about the back end of the official ratings season. Next year they should put the season finale of The Bachelorette on the last Thursday of official ratings and work backwards, to determine how many episodes of The Bachelor in Paradise are needed between I’m a Celebrity and the start of MasterChef.

3 Likes

Rather prophetic.

According to EPG and advanced guides

Next week will see the premiere of Jamie’s Quick & Easy Food (1 hour) in the 7.30pm Tuesday slot (vacated by the postponed premiere of Cram).

2 Likes

Maybe some movie premieres to help fill the void?

Movies still rate well, just look at Indiana Jones recently (and they’re not even premieres).

So bring back some classics or blockbusters even.

Yes, as my username suggests, I might be a bit bias in this regard

Ten could show some free out of copyright 1930s classics in primetime.

8 Likes

Hopefully the last time we see shit like Jamie Oliver in primetime. CBS can’t come soon enough.

I found Man with a Plan boring.

Dont count on it.

2 Likes

New Corp has noticed The Simpsons has vanished from Ten.

More:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/doh-simpsons-modern-family-gone-from-freetoair-tv/news-story/9b92d525f9c5a2d74aa363b7289b9215

Nine told News Corp they may be interested in one or two Fox shows but would not be doing a blanket studio deal. Seven wouldn’t comment.

3 Likes

It’s about time someone in the media reported on this situation.

10 Likes

Not enough people watching Ten or its multichannels to notice.

3 Likes

The “media” who are owned by the same people as Fox but used to own Ten. :joy:

2 Likes

Financially Ten aren’t in the Best Shape to air Brand New Modern Family nor The Simpsons, Not Even Eleven could get their Hands on the Latest Supernatural Season which is due to Premiere in the States This Week.

It’s not a case of “getting their hands on” the latest episodes.The Fox contract has been broken so there will be no Fox shows on Ten, Eleven or One now.

They have to sign a new contract or Foxtel will be the only option to watch them.

1 Like