Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Well, can’t get any lower than what SOO Game 2 did in Melbourne, just 100k or so.

It oddly might actually go up, being a dead rubber, especially if Queensland turn things around (which Melburnians usually root for I reckon).

Diana’s Decades

The Life And Legacy Of Diana, The People’s Princess.

Premieres Thursday, 8 July At 7.30pm

She went from shy Di, to a world icon and voice for social change. Premiering Thursday, 8 July at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play On Demand, Diana’s Decades sheds new light on the life and legacy of the People’s Princess.

This landmark three-part special event draws on never-before-heard testimony and rarely seen archive footage, to provide a vivid insight into the complex woman behind the media image, a tabloid obsession, a wife in a tumultuous marriage, a devoted mother and humanitarian icon.

3 Likes

Diana’s Decades premieres on ITV this Thursday night UK time, which means Australian viewers will see the documentary hours before the Britons.

3 Likes

As seen at the start of tonight’s comedy program.

1 Like

While still low, it was 150k

Update

Wednesday 14 July
07:30 pm The Queen Carries On: A Gayle King Special.
08:30 pm The Royals Revealed S01 E04

2 Likes

10 News First Presents The Queen Carries On: A Gayle King Special.

Premiering Wednesday, 14 July At 7.30pm

Sandra Sully Hosts Royal Special

Queen Elizabeth II’s reign is the longest in British history; 69 years (and counting) filled with challenge and controversy, romance and heartbreak. Yet, through it all, she remains an enduring and beloved figure, and a woman of few words who commands worldwide attention.

Premiering Wednesday, 14 July at 7.30pm, Gayle King delves into the extraordinary life and reign of Her Majesty, featuring interviews with former U.S. President Barack Obama, Sir Paul McCartney and the world’s leading royal commentators including former Vanity Fair editor, Tina Brown.

Hosted by 10 News First ’s Sandra Sully, this exclusive special spans the milestones of her journey from Princess to Queen, her relationship with the late Prince Philip, the collapse of the fairy-tale marriage of Diana and Charles, and her role as grandmother to the two boys Diana left behind after her tragic death.

3 Likes

The Queen is a finished program. What is the point of having Sandra Sully acting as a continuity announcer to introduce it.

4 Likes

It is not unusual for local broadcasters to use their talent to narrate or spearhead their broadcast of international documentaries.

7 Likes

It makes the program more relatable to an Australian audience and draws on the drawing power of Sandra.

8 Likes

Also helps it qualify as Australian content to meet the required broadcast quota?

2 Likes

I was wondering that but I think not:

(4) A documentary program that complies with subsection (2) is not an Australian program if it is a reversioning of one or more existing documentary programs that are not Australian programs, Australian official co‑productions, New Zealand programs or Australian/New Zealand programs.

4 Likes

Opening of Diana’s Decades

6 Likes

I know 10 have done this in the past.

1 Like

Bit surprising considering the weeks without tent pole they have in bits of their annual schedule.

1 Like

I concur.

There’s probably little crossover audience between olymoics and bachelor fans.

The Olympics will rate their tits off and 10 will target whatever dregs are left in terms of audience.

Your usual Instagram influencers and millennials only interested in themselves won’t be interested in the grandness and patriotism of the Olympic Games. It is irrelevant to them.

6 Likes

Dregs is a great way to describe Bachelor viewers.

2 Likes

I agree.

Sadly even up against the Olympics, The Bachelor will probably still rate better than Love On The Spectrum did though.

Especially in Sydney if our current virus situation continues during that period, which no doubt will please Seven as it’s an opportunity for them to get ahead (if only for a couple of weeks) in what’s otherwise a market that mostly watches Nine.

LOL yes!