Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

You are presuming Ten would have known it would’ve hit a million. Always easy with hindsight.

They already repeated the whole season over the Christmas week…

10 will be showing ‘TRY TIME in Kyushu Japan’ a 2 part series, this Sunday 20th & the following week at 3:00pm.

Rugby league legends Nathan Sharpe and Justin Marshall travel around Kyushu, Japan: the battleground of the Rugby World Cup 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/586660938442568/posts/614184032356925/

I suggested this last week, no hindsight needed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Drama series The Secrets She Keeps, announced at last year’s upfronts, has received production funding from Screen Australia. Synopsis from Screen Australia website:

A six-part noir series by Lingo Pictures for Network 10 adapted from author Michael Robotham’s acclaimed novel of the same name. Written by acclaimed television writers Sarah Walker (All Saints, Bad Mothers, The Wrong Girl) and Jonathan Gavin (Offspring, Puberty Blues, Rush) the series follows two women from vastly different walks of life with one thing in common – explosive secrets that could destroy everything they hold dear. Their worlds collide in one shocking act that cannot be undone.

I thought this year the Australia Day concert from Sydney opera house won’t be on Ten. (Last year ten covered it)

Australia Day NSW website has advised the concert will still be televised, but has not revealed which network. Seven and Nine can be ruled out as they have live sport, Ten’s involvement is in limbo, which leaves SBS and ABC.

Perhaps its on the ABC if this is anything to go by.

Probably better suited to the ABC, it never rated very well on 10.

Schedule Update

Monday 21 January
09:00 pm Kate V Meghan: Princesses At War?
Documentary examining if there is any truth behind the media suggestions of unrest following Meghan Markle’s entry into the Royal Family. Featuring archive footage and interviews with insiders and experts on the royal household.
10:00 pm Murphy Brown S11 Ep11
10:30 pm Hughesy, We Hve A Problem Rpt

Documentary appears to be from Ch 5 and is being broadcast this Saturday in the UK.

There’s a Riverboy in it lol.

The lead in to IAC Saturday Schoolies last night was David Attenborough. Seriously? If the are serious about programming Saturday Nights, they need to fix early evening. The key to this IMO is expanding The Project to Saturday. I’d also consider airing Pointless as well on Saturdays. This would provide them a consistent schedule basically and would provide a better lead in than attenborough.

Huckleberry Finn or Tom Sawyer?

1 Like

Week commencing 27 January 2019

Sunday 27 January
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
09:15 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt

Monday 28 January
09:00 pm Murphy Brown S11 Ep12
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm Hughesy, We Hve A Problem Rpt

Tuesday 29 January
09:00 Hughesy, We Have A Problem Season Premiere
10:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S10 Ep13
11:0 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 30 January
09:00 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep11
10:00 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
11:00 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 31 January
09:00 pm The Connors S1 Ep11 Season Final
09:30 pm TBA
10:30 pm Blue Bloods S9 Ep12

Friday 1 February
07:30 pm The Living Room Rpt
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
09:30 pm Hughesy, We Hve A Problem Rpt
10:30 pm TBA

Saturday 2 February
06:00 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities x 2
07:00 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Saturday Schoolies
08:00 pm Movie: Shrek 2 (2004)
10:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans S5 Ep11 Season Return
10:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt

Lots of repeats still in the schedule, the following week should look a little better.

They’re really wasting new NCIS:NO on Saturday nights at 10pm also, would be better paired with other similar content rather than following a random movie.

Infact the whole scheduling of Saturday nights is a mess… such as random lineup.

Lots of problems with continual repeats of US procedurals. Just woeful programming.

What’s on the cards post Celebirty?
Changing Rooms, Hughesy, show me the movie and dancing with the stars and Sunday night takeaway. Is that all? How does that fill all the time slots. They need two Australian shows per night to even remotely be competitive up until 10pm.

I heard Ambulance Australia is also coming back.

I do enjoy the variety of shows that 10 are showing after Celebrity rather than force-fed stripped reality, but I do agree that the post 8:30 slots could be better. HYBPA? doesn’t come back until May and the other pilot week shows apparently will return by then so it’s going to be a while.

2 Likes

And gogglebox. Seems like an ok lineup to me. The only real concern will be the Wednesday’s with SVU at 8:30. Dancing will likely run 2 hrs (I assume Monday’s 7:30-9:30) NCIS will probably stay on Sundays at 9:00 following takeaway. In my opinion though I would move NCIS to Wednesday 8:30 following Changing Rooms and air Graham Norton at 9:00 following Takeaway. Sunday’s wouldn’t do that well but I think NCIS has a better chance on Wednesdays.

Googlebox and Hughesy will still be airing. Celebrity Name Game is due along with Bachelor in Paradise. Ten needed to prioritise 7.30 slots before moving onto 8.30-9 and onwards. Rebuilds take time. The right foundations have to be in place first.