Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

If you look at how they do Studio 10 on Saturday and Sunday and show footage from the weeks show. Perhaps they could do that on Saturday night, it would be cheap to do and they could air it at either 6:30pm or even at 10:30pm just before 48 Hours. It wouldnt cost too much to produce and they could have someone like Hamish McDonald introduce each segment.

Could be title The Project Weekly

Why would they change the format of the for a saturday night? Why not just do a saturday night episode or a chat show not named after the brand?

The thing we have to accept is, Free To Air TV will not spend too much on Saturday nights (or even Friday nights) these days because they know that unless you have a strong sport such as NRL or AFL (although I think the A-League has potential), there is minimal they are willing to invest due to concepts such as catch-up TV and streaming services such as Netflix and Stan, then factor in pay-TV. This is why on most Saturday nights you will see Seven and Nine dishing up movies you more often than not see in the 4 for $50 bin in Sanity

The TV networks will spend as little as possible on nights they see as a loss for them. Everyone is saying Gogglebox is doing well, perhaps a re-jig of Friday Saturday could see shows like The Bachelor and Masterchef, I’m A Celebrity airing later on Saturday night and Friday night (say starting at 9:30pm) and airing encores of say HYBPA and Hughesy We Have A Problem between 6:30pm and 8:30pm and follow up with Gogglebox

Other than that Ten might as well be left alone because Ten seems to be criticised by those on this site for each and every decision they make. Yes, some seem to be questionable such as no news broadcasts if a sporting event is still going at 5pm on the weekend. But lets face it, Ten probably knows that a lot of people won’t want to watch a news broadcast on the eastern states at 7:30pm on a Channel that regularly comes third and sometimes fourth.

1 Like

Can we shift these suggestions somewhere else? Reading irrelevant stuff in this thread honestly makes my head hurt.

9 Likes

Yes. Stand by.

This thread is for actual programs and scheduling.

Suggestions of mock schedules go in the mock thread and ideas for new commissions should go here: Saving Ten

2 Likes

According to the Foxtel EPG, Bachelor is on Sunday-Wednesday starting from the 8th of April.

2 Likes

Thought that might happen. Thanks for the info.

What about Thursday?

I thought Bachelor was supposed to be a Wednesday-Thursday show so it wouldn’t get smashed by Seven/Nine reality offerings.

I take it Bev can’t find a slot for the Roseanne reboot given the Ten schedule is overloaded with so much successful programming?

2 Likes

Show Me The Movie is on Thursdays.

Would be at least waiting for the Comm Games to finish.

Huge ratings in the US for Rosanne

5 Likes

I think they will air it on Thursdays 8:30 once Gogglebox finishes.

1 Like

Angela Bishop said on Studio 10 this morning that Roseanne is coming to TEN later this year.

They have current ads saying its coming soon.

Utilising the MasterChef lead-in I think. Combined with Have You Been Paying Attention, All Aussie Adventures, Body Hack and possibly Shark Tank, Ten should have a solid mid-year line-up.

1 Like

All Aussie Adventures is apparently going to be later in the year.

I know
That’s why l posted what Ange said because it didn’t make sense to me.
Time will tell l suppose.

If Ten doesn’t fast track Roseanne will it suffer in the ratings ? I mean Young Sheldon didn’t seem to .