Paramount Australia & New Zealand

More on lone shareholder

1 Like

Maybe they’ve given up? :grinning: & all gone home to sulk (Bruce was reported last week as having already returned to Bermuda.)
One can hope.

PS: A shame this student is apparently trying to get his face on TV with this…stunt?

Gordon and Murdoch must have legal advice that everything is above board and there is not much they can do.

So FIRB is due this week or next week then transferring of shares next month should CBS assume control in November.

They are too busy preparing a “report”.

1 Like

I think this might just be the opening of the hearing with more scheduled.

1 Like

They’re going to burn the place to the ground before they leave. If they can’t have it then nobody will. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ten Network made to wait over CBS takeover

An application for Ten Network Holdings’ proposed takeover by American broadcaster CBS has been “tentatively” listed for a three-day hearing on October 31.

Rival bidders Bruce Gordon and Lachlan Murdoch have not yet decided on when or how to intervene in the sale of Ten to CBS, the NSW Supreme Court heard this morning.

Lawyers for Ten administrator KordaMentha have told the court the joint bid partners have indicated they are waiting for an independent expert’s report before declaring their hand on any attempt to block the final transfer to Ten shares to US broadcaster CBS.

At a directions hearing this morning, Justice Ashley Black noted that interested parties may need time to respond to an expert report due to be filed with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission by Ten’s administrator KordaMentha on October 10.

2 Likes

They need to give it up. Morons.

5 Likes
1 Like

Medusa X would be the right virus for Ten X. :joy:

5 Likes

It’s Bruce’s nephew. Latest stunt to stall the sale. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I say keep the X but put CBS underneath.

I say don’t be bloody ridiculous.

2 Likes

Fox is a creditor . is that meaning Foxtel or 20 Century Fox the American company?

Fox who supplies Ten’s content and is owed money, not Foxtel.

1 Like

That artcile (in News Ltd papers of course) just sounds like the third party operations review & recommendations report they had done at the time. I dare say CBS would have their own opinions.

2 Likes

What games NEWS.ltd are playing. Trying to link CBS with job cuts and cuts to Australian content!! Wow how low will this mob go!

http://bit.ly/2xGA58G

How bizarre for News to go after CBS for that, especially how the show itself dealt with the loss of the character.

As for that job-cuts plan, obviously it was formulated when Ten was a basketcase and drastic action was needed to save it. To suggest it will still be in play when CBS takes over is ridiculous.

2 Likes

News corp must be under direction from Lachlan to do a hatchet job on cbs whenever possible.

Proof positive that they weren’t fit to win the bid.